Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBF, and I am playing devils advocate here, only Stones has gone on to fulfill his potential and there are serious doubts about his defensive abilities
He's superb mate. A crying shame that a small club like Manchester City was able to bend us over and just poach him off us with ease.

But he will be!
We wont be able to go gung ho and ship everyone out, Keane is way down that list
If he is a starter for me that will raise red flags on Silva's judgement of players and his team ethos.If he wants to play a high press Keane will be a huge liability.As others have noted he looked better with an experienced CB along side him,unfortunately experienced also usually means slow.

I think that's revisionist honestly. When Ross was coming up, his talent was undeniable. He was strong, pacy, couple play with both feet and had a pretty good shot.

The bits between the ears was where the questions always were layed and the hope was, with experience, he could get everything together.

The most common way to describe him here was along the lines of "all the tools without a toolbox"

But to say he had no talent, imo, is blatantly false.
that's why I said he was mid-table prem at best,

he didn't have the brain to be one of the best.

it says that I am picky about the type of players that I deem class

I deem silva class, I deem de bruyne class, I deem isco class

I don't deem barkley class

sorry mate
The original argument was the players potential.
You said Lookman had the most potential of any youngster since Rooney and that is clearly wrong.
Wether those players fulfill their potential only time will tell
KDB wasn’t great at 20/21 whereas at 20/21 Barkley showed more potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back