Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBF, and I am playing devils advocate here, only Stones has gone on to fulfill his potential and there are serious doubts about his defensive abilities
I agree
But the original argument was that Lookman is the most talented youngster we’ve had since Rooney.
I said there were players with more potential
Wether that potential was ever realised is another matter entirely

The original argument was the players potential.
You said Lookman had the most potential of any youngster since Rooney and that is clearly wrong.
Wether those players fulfill their potential only time will tell
KDB wasn’t great at 20/21 whereas at 20/21 Barkley showed more potential.

Lookman has more of a footballing brain than barkley hence why he has better potential

If he is a starter for me that will raise red flags on Silva's judgement of players and his team ethos.If he wants to play a high press Keane will be a huge liability.As others have noted he looked better with an experienced CB along side him,unfortunately experienced also usually means slow.

We are signing minimal players...........with a left back, centre mid, winger, and a substitute goalkeeper required, do you really think we are going to get a centre half in to replace Keane as well as another one to play alongside him?
Plus, we are already going to lose value of alot of our players, i can imagine Keane will be earmarked to give him another go

We are signing minimal players...........with a left back, centre mid, winger, and a substitute goalkeeper required, do you really think we are going to get a centre half in to replace Keane as well as another one to play alongside him?
Plus, we are already going to lose value of alot of our players, i can imagine Keane will be earmarked to give him another go
You could be right I'm praying your not. Jannick Vestergaard is being linked overlooking the fact he looks very like Koldrop he shouldn't be too expensive and if we can move Klassen and Bolasie on, the money could be available to buy another CB.

TBF, and I am playing devils advocate here, only Stones has gone on to fulfill his potential and there are serious doubts about his defensive abilities

Stones could be great but the problem I see with him being at City is that he only played half their prem games, they then signed Laporte in January giving him even more competition, and city keep on spending, so they will probably sign more defenders meaning all of a suddent he becomes a rotation player to a player who only plays cup games and eventually just a bench warmer

like rodwell and lescott his career could plummet as fast as theirs

Barkley I imagine will never get an opportunity at Chelsea and will be a benchwarmer there or sold on to a team like spurs or probably used in a part exchange deal, I don't think he will go on to achieve anything great in his career

rodwell well...

But his TALENT was undeniable. His consistency and make up is what will keep him from being great.

Although because of the expectations we have on him he was almost destined to fail. His output and contributions per season have been superb when you start counting up his goals and assists etc v his direct competition and his age group. His stats when I looked once were very close to Draxler and look where he is.

Index

Good tagging too of our good frandel @CairnsToffee who likes me, the Index and pretend medicals in equal measure

Yes mate @orly
anselmo1.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back