Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although because of the expectations we have on him he was almost destined to fail. His output and contributions per season have been superb when you start counting up his goals and assists etc v his direct competition and his age group. His stats when I looked once were very close to Draxler and look where he is.
I'm going to get laughed at but Draxler, even tho he is at a HUGE club, is still seen as a bit of a disappointment. Just that his natural talent should be on par with likes of Neymar. Again, his consistency is what let's him down.

..have you seen Yannick Vestergaard who we’re linked with this afternoon?

25 year old Danish international Centre Back who plays for Borussia Mönchengladbach. 6ft 7in apparently.

Jannik Vestergaard Characteristics
+ Strengths
Aerial Duels
Strong
Passing
Strong
Blocking the ball
Strong
- Weaknesses
(Player has no significant weaknesses)
Jannik Vestergaard's Style of Play
Clears the ball out of defence often

..have you seen Yannick Vestergaard who we’re linked with this afternoon?

25 year old Danish international Centre Back who plays for Borussia Mönchengladbach. 6ft 7in apparently.

I saw we missed out on a French player this morning who's gone to Valencia who was about 6 ft 4. We considered Diop and backed away. As with all rumours you tend to look for patterns rather than specific players, but it does indicate that we are considering the option of quite a dominant centre half.

There are players out there. I saw Akanji for Switzerland who I thought was fantastic the other night. Dortmund got him for around 15 million. Even with the inevitable English tax and it was 20 million, he'd likely go for double that now. The key is finding players before they make the bigger move.

Jannik Vestergaard Characteristics
+ Strengths
Aerial Duels
Strong
Passing
Strong
Blocking the ball
Strong
- Weaknesses
(Player has no significant weaknesses)
Jannik Vestergaard's Style of Play
Clears the ball out of defence often

Seems a useful style for a center half. Oddly we don't currently have one that excels at it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back