Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

someones been drinking turps mate.

phil jones will have to mull it over coming to us and will join on deadline day, when he realises its between us, west ham or Middlesboro.

to think champions league player, premier league and cup winner stones would join us is like us being linked to mourinho.

oh

hahahaha

Would be a very good deal that. Much better than spending 25 million on crap like Michael Keane. I doubt that we will get them for just 12 million each tho.

are they both out of contract?? that would be the going rate if so

I think we need to give it the first month of the season next year before we start buying a ton of players. I would like to see what the young players (most are coming back from loan) can do before we start throwing out money. Players like Lookman, Dowell, Vlasic, Onyekuru and Holgate all deserve to have a consistent run in the starting lineup to show us what they can really do before we start buying more towards the deadline if they are [Poor language removed]. That being said those players do not cover our left back or manager problems and would like to see Shaw and Tuchel or Arteta come in the summer in an ideal world

Would be a very good deal that. Much better than spending 25 million on crap like Michael Keane. I doubt that we will get them for just 12 million each tho.

People seem to be deluded that Jones and Smalling wouldn’t be a huge upgrade on Williams Jagielka and Keane. They’d be first choice CBs immediately. Smalling Jones Funes Mori and Holgate would see CB looking solid for quite a while.

No doubt though people won’t have learnt from the last disastrous few windows and will demand names like Koulibaly or whoever else is on Barca’s transfer list and will turn their nose up at anyone else before then advocating a deadline day mega bid for dross like Mawson or Shawcross because it’s better to take a player from a club below rather than get a United cast off (apparently)

Last edited:
Both got one year left.

Not really. Keane was binned off by United years ago for being crap, whereas Jones and Smalling have been kept on and won a shed load of trophies and champions league games with them.
12m each then

People seem to be deluded that Jones and Smalling wouldn’t be a huge upgrade on Williams Jagielka and Keane. They’d be first choice CBs immediately. Smalling Jones Funes Mori and Holgate would see CB looking solid for quite a while.

No doubt though people don’t have learnt from the last disastrous few windows and will demand names like Koulibaly or whoever else is on Barca’s transfer list and will turn their nose up at anyone else before then advocating a deadline day mega bid for dross like Mawson or Shawcross because it’s better to take a player from a club below rather than get a United cast off (apparently)

Jones and Smalling have proven their worth at United and they can't be considered flops, even if they aren't quite good enough to remain first choice at United for their entire careers. Schneiderlin and Shaw however are overhyped Southampton flops that have never been able to hack it at United. I don't think we should be signing a flop like Shaw.

No doubt though people won’t have learnt from the last disastrous few windows and will demand names like Koulibaly or whoever else is on Barca’s transfer list and will turn their nose up at anyone else before then advocating a deadline day mega bid for dross like Mawson or Shawcross because it’s better to take a player from a club below rather than get a United cast off (apparently)
Jones would be an upgrade on what we have at the moment and he is decent. Smalling though, i don't think he was ever that good when he was at Fulham, how he got a move to Man U i don't know. I don't want him nor do i want us signing Luke Shaw who is another very average player.

Not bothered as much about Phil Jones but Smalling is very good and I doubt if he will be sold.
Smalling has already played 37 games for Utd this season, 22 of those in the league.
I am surprised to see that Phil Jones has played 21 games in the league.

They are not world beaters but certainly would be an upgrade on what we currently have .
We are simply not going to be able to sign the best central defenders... because at the moment they won't come to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back