Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's

He's on the wrong side of 30.

His agent will want him moving on for one last big contract.

Not many clubs will want a player nearly 31,and PL clubs can spend big on wages so why not come to Everton.

I never really rated him at Stoke,he just came across as a big tall limited DM and it seems every other club in the PL saw the same but i guess he was stifled under Tony Pulis dinosaur football.

That shows the class of Monchi,his talent is finding those under the radar players and he saw something in him that other clubs didn't.

I remember him doing the same with Kanoute who used to be at West Ham who looked underwhelming and inconsistant,he was a totally different player at Seville and a top striker in la liga.

The Boro are flying now, & playing some terrific stuff !!

One of the most brilliant players to have ever played at Goodison, genuinely. Totally controlled football matches. On a completely different level.
Just imagine him and Arteta playing together...
*cries in spanish*

Speculation on my part, but EFC have a new facility in respect of the Lukaku money due from United.
Could be early transfer dealings, pay-offs to Sam Allardyce or to do with BMD.
Already did the same things with Stones and City money,
Sorry if this is boring or already posted, but only got the email from Companies House today.

Speculation on my part, but EFC have a new facility in respect of the Lukaku money due from United.
Sorry if this is boring or already posted, but only got the email from Companies House today.

I absolutely 100% understand what you're talking about but for those who don't could you explain? Are we just getting more money in from the lukaku deal?

For those with better knowledge of players than mine,
Are there any top balls versions of Joe Allen about?
What I like about Allen is that he's always busy, always positive.
Quality isn't there but he gets round the pitch and makes things happen from CM.

I absolutely 100% understand what you're talking about but for those who don't could you explain? Are we just getting more money in from the lukaku deal?
Looks like it - a facility for the 18.75m due in July (at least) has been put in place so getting it in early from Santander.
Will go back and look at it properly in a bit.
Why we're getting it in is anyone's guess.

Edit - just checked and looks like 18.75 mil due on 14.07.18 only.

Looks like it - a facility for the 18.75m due in July (at least) has been put in place so getting it in early from Santander.

Just a simple cash flow procedure i'd imagine.

Transfer window opens on June 9th, so at a guess, this plus the Chinese overdraft facility would give us a lot of room to do business in the early part of that window, also at a guess would be needed in order to pay off existing members of staff, manager, dof, assistants and coaches etc if we did do a bit of a clear out at the club.

Will probably have the same usual people cry arsing about it shows we are broke and why do we need to be borrowing ofc, totally ignoring it's typical practise from nearly every club that can do such loans against upcoming payments.

Just a simple cash flow procedure i'd imagine.

Transfer window opens on June 9th, so at a guess, this plus the Chinese overdraft facility would give us a lot of room to do business in the early part of that window, also at a guess would be needed in order to pay off existing members of staff, manager, dof, assistants and coaches etc if we did do a bit of a clear out at the club.

Will probably have the same usual people cry arsing about it shows we are broke and why do we need to be borrowing ofc, totally ignoring it's typical practise from nearly every club that can do such loans against upcoming payments.
Yeah, pretty much my take on it.
Was just talking to a mate of mine who started cry-arsing about Moshiri not putting his hand in his pocket!!!
In fairness it's not something EFC appear to have done in the past with transfer monies owed, but I can't help but feel that we are viewed differently by banks now.

Yeah, pretty much my take on it.
Was just talking to a mate of mine who started cry-arsing about Moshiri not putting his hand in his pocket!!!
In fairness it's not something EFC appear to have done in the past with transfer monies owed, but I can't help but feel that we are viewed differently by banks now.

It's clear we would be viewed differently, and that view will probably continue to improve as we clear out small time businessmen who've been entrenched at the club for 2 decades.

It will fund Phil Jones

"They" wont like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back