Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last summer we bought too many players. We also bought the wrong players but that is a separate issue.

Bringing so many new faces into the squad at the same time makes it more difficult to build a team as a cohesive unit and makes it more difficult for the new players to get time on the pitch and to settle at the club.

We should not try to build a team in just one window, signing about four players will be plenty and maybe a young player or two who are not regarded as first team players immediately. Four new players added to the best of what is already therewould improve us enormously.

...yep but the underlying essential is that players are bought for the purpose of fitting a team model/strategy. As you so rightly describe it, ‘build a team as a cohesive unit’.

Yobo was very good for us until his last couple of seasons. Was rapid for a CB too.

I’d have a 25 year old Yobo here any day.

My lasting memory of him is us losing a goal as he was trying to get his boot back on instead trying to defend minus one boot.

Not our worst centre back of recent years but would take a 25 year old Jagielka over a 25 year old Yobo.

Despite the loss tonight Julian Draxler looked good. Not sure how he's doing nowadays but recall reading he's not settling at PSG. Wonder if they'd be keen on loaning him out.

We need a proper DF and a Head Coach in first and foremost and then, in ,my humble opinion, follow the model of RB Leipzig.

Transfer windows like last summer are not sustainable for a club like us.
I agree mate. But you need to give the younger players the game time to develop and our fan base won't accept that.

Werner.
Sessegnon.
Tah.
Brandt.
Jorginho.

Proper statement of intent signings and overhaul the club into the top 4 every season.

nd9clu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back