Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no pressure to sign a LB and CB as both Bainsey and Capt Jags both have another year on their contracts. I would not be averse to Capt Jags getting an extension-purely on the strength of the on-field leadership he lends the club...reminds me of Roy Keane
The English Beckenbauer.

The English Beckenbauer.
Yes, I can see why the comparison between Capt Jags and Franz might be made. Personally, I rate Beckenbauer perhaps a little higher than our Capt Jags since the former was better at ensuring his boot laces were firmly tied up throughout a game, whereas Capt Jags often has to stop and do his up (and this often occurs when a captaincy decision is required).
But Capt Jags interviews a bit better. He speaks excellent English and is always so positive responding to every question with “yes, definitely”.
Capt Jags epitomises Everton!

NSNO

Yes, I can see why the comparison between Capt Jags and Franz might be made. Personally, I rate Beckenbauer perhaps a little higher than our Capt Jags since the former was better at ensuring his boot laces were firmly tied up throughout a game, whereas Capt Jags often has to stop and do his up (and this often occurs when a captaincy decision is required).
But Capt Jags interviews a bit better. He speaks excellent English and is always so positive responding to every question with “yes, definitely”.
Capt Jags epitomises Everton!

NSNO
Hahahaha. Bravo, bravo.

Yeah because we are overloaded with left backs. Why leave ourself needing 2 when we couldn’t even find 1.
Bitter agenda talking here Davek.
The thing about him is that he WONT accept a back up LB role and he'll cause trouble for any manager who does demote him.

Needs punting ASAP.

No more of this foreign muck, buy British, look for the tractor logo

We bought 2000 players last year and the only good ones were Walcott and Pickford and Keane

Baines, who stayed at Everton when he could have moved on, won’t accept a backup role and will cause trouble?
He couldn't have moved on because he was not allowed to go to United. Had a gob on him ever since. Oviedo and then Galloway kept him out of the team for large spells and he started briefing the press behind his managers back.

Any new manager coming in would do themselves a big favour by making him first one out the door.

He couldn't have moved on because he was not allowed to go to United. Had a gob on him ever since. Oviedo and then Galloway kept him out of the team for large spells and he started briefing the press behind his managers back.

Any new manager coming in would do themselves a big favour by making him first one out the door.
True, we always keep players regardless of whether they want to leave or not. Really enjoyed watching Lukaku, Barkley and Stones linking up together this season.

Still not over that Dave? Considering it was Martinez who needlessly criticised him, then made out that he was misquoted when he was on TV as a pundit for one of our games and was honest, when asked, about training methods, which turned out to be one of the big turning point from some of our fanbase against the Spaniard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back