Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lozano link came from the Mirror a couple of months ago when they said Brands would be coming to us and we’d be teaming up with Raiola. They said Brands would bring both Lozano and Ziyech to us. Lozano recently hired Raiola as his agent.

Btw, Zaha - £60m?! Extortionate in my opinion, although not surprising these days. I think he’s just a big fish in a small pond at Palace, reminds me a lot of Bolasie when he was at Palace the way he plays. Definitely wouldn’t be paying that amount for him.

..agree about Zaha but I know lots on here will disagree. I also think he’s a Bolasie ‘type’, better than Bolasie but in the same mould.

Not too bothered about signings this window, maybe a centre half and a top playmaker, i'm more interested in getting at least 10 players out. Our squad is massive and full of absolute dead wood.

60m for Saha?

Tierney and kluvert both quoted at 30m each.

No chance Tierney goes for £30m mate, will be much more than that.

If, somehow he is available for that much, we should be doing everything in our power to make him come here.

He plays for Fulham mate, there is every chance we could get him if we tempt him and Fulham with nice offers.

I only see maybe Utd actually interested, and if they're not then we may well be the best offer he gets.

Obviously if it was only us interested he’d come here.

But it wouldn’t be.

If, somehow he is available for that much, we should be doing everything in our power to make him come here.
Whats Celtics transfer record for outgoing players?. Players from the Scottish league dont tend to cost that much. Even the odd really good one. He's in a poor quality league. £30m is actually a lot.

Figure was reported couple of days ago mate. Not sure how legit that is. Even if tierney cost 40/50m we should be doing all we can to get him.

Never seen this lad play just watched his YouTube video he doesn’t look that powerful hopefully if we do get him this isn’t an issue. He does look a very clever player & his body movements across opponents position himself so they need to foul him to disposes him & his finishing also looked very good.

I get that it’s ‘only’ the Dutch league but he does look like a top talent. I watched the videos wondering if he could play up top rather than out wide. Reminded me a little of Suarez / Aguero in his movements.

Martinez, big head and that asshole Walsh have set us back a few seasons, but the club must start thinning the squad numbers in this window;
Jagielka and Baines must be replaced. Williams, Keane, Schneiderlin, Bolasie - dirt. A new back four and midfield is the priority imo. The forward line can be tweaked but it’s defence and midfield that are the key areas in terms of how we play.

He is quality though, and has been in European games.
I would be more than happy if we bought him. Not so if we had to pay north of £30m for him.

If he was that good he should be stand out every week in the Scottish League. Take out Celtic and its orobably League 1 standard.

Plus the longer he stays in that league the more he is not developing his defensive skills. He can only do that playing against top players.

I get that it’s ‘only’ the Dutch league but he does look like a top talent. I watched the videos wondering if he could play up top rather than out wide. Reminded me a little of Suarez / Aguero in his movements.
Yes agree the ball always seems to be just were the defender can’t get it

Players id like
Aaron Martin LB
William carvalho CDM
Nzonzi CM
Hirving lozano ALM

Bonus
Young kluivert as competion on the wing and up front.
A new LCB not sure who yet.

the usual suspects.

Starting 11
Pickford GK
Coleman RB
Holgate RCB
Keane LCB
Martin LB
Carvalho DCM
Nzonzi CM
Klaassen CM
Walcotte ARM
Lozano ALM
Tosun CF

Squad players
Kenny, baines, jags, mori, gana, davies, sigy, kluivert, lookman, DCL, Bani and dowell and a keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back