Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleverley, for all the stick he takes on here, wanted to play though. Guarantee Watford aren't paying him what we were given he came here on a free. But he was prepared to take a drop to get playing again. Do you think Williams will do that?
Different players at different stages of their careers, but I don’t doubt Williams’ hunger to play - he just isn’t very good when he does! I wouldn’t be hugely surprised if he got picked up by a promoted side or a mid-table Championship side. They’ll go for him for his ‘experience and leadership’ and will be happy to match his wages for a two-year contract. It’s exactly what we did with Rooney despite all the warning signs. For someone, Williams will represent an upgrade on what they’ve got.

We are only a shambles because of our recruitment policy.

Make no mistake £150k+ a week contract offer for the likes of Rose, Carvalho, Lozano etc. Is the difference between EFC being a shambles and a genuine contender for the top 6/trophies - like it was when CFC and MCFC started out.

If we are able/willing to pay those sort of wages to attract said players is another thing.

Rooney
Williams
Mori
Besic
McCarthy or Schnerderlin
Mirallas
Niasse
Martina
Klaassan
Sandro
Vlasic?
Bolasie or Lookman

Assuming all of those or the majority leave in the summer your talking a good 500-600k a week wages off the books. I would rather the club out that towards tempting CL calibre players to the "project" than on 6-7 players on 90/100k a week on players like Mawson and Richarlison.

Please replace Niasse with Keane.

Thanks you kindly.

100% this - one of the top 3 best LB's in the league imo - him and Coleman would be a fantastic pairing.

Sadly I think we'll be trying our hand on £15-20 million punts from Holland and Argentina this window rather than spend £35-40 million per player like the RS on 3-4 top quality players who will massively improve us.

CB: Koulibaly: £60 million
LM: Lozano £25 million
LB: Rose £40 million
CM: Carvalho £30 million

Pickford

Coleman Keane Koulibaly Rose

Gana Carvalho

Walcott Siggurdsson Lozano

Tosun

Stop with the signing of 6-7 average players and bring in 3-4 top quality players with 1-2 cheaper signings/loan deals to compliment the squad if needed.
Mate,

Further to the last comment. You've spent 150m. I think the appointment of Brands will see us develop a new recruitment style, whereas perhaps 2 signings will be in the "large spend vicinity". Danny Rose and Lozano seem realistic. Can't see us splashing 30m on Carvalho and Kouliably is a wild dream.

Midfielders available between 15-20m
  • Ezequiel Barco (scouted by Dortmund, Bayern, Napoli) wont be available until after the MLS season. Can be deployed centrally or on the left.
  • Fredrico Chiesa - Currently at Florence. 21 year old capped Italian and for a CM is extremely pacy.
  • Ismailli Sarr - Admittedly don't watch any Ligue 1 as it is a completely trash league, but was touted by both spanish giants and also Newcastle last year. And reading some round ups this year, seems to be attracting plenty of attention
  • Carles Alena at Barcelona - can't get a gig in their side but highly rated - more of a loan option as there isn't anyway Barca is going to sell him but would offer more than Davies does already.
Can't really think of any real boss CDM, but there are a few in the lower rated Bundesliga sides.

Given at this stage we house all of Williams, Jagielka, Keane (what a rubbish 3) plus Mori and Holgate. I imagine that we will need to move a couple on before signing anyone of any significance.

CBs available betwen 15-20m
  • Sarr - Again seems like he has been linked with us already, young and fits the Brands idea of a good signing.
  • Diop - as per above, but cheaper

Players we sign need to be the next Jonathan Tahs or Andreas Christensens, I mean Panagiotis Retsos went to Bayer 04 last season for 15m and would have offered twice as much as Keane did on the days he didn't play poorly for half the damn price.

Mate,

Further to the last comment. You've spent 150m. I think the appointment of Brands will see us develop a new recruitment style, whereas perhaps 2 signings will be in the "large spend vicinity". Danny Rose and Lozano seem realistic. Can't see us splashing 30m on Carvalho and Kouliably is a wild dream.

• Ezequiel Barco (scouted by Dortmund, Bayern, Napoli) wont be available until after the MLS season. Can be deployed centrally or on the left.
  • Fredrico Chiesa - Currently at Florence. 21 year old capped Italian and for a CM is extremely pacy.
  • Ismailli Sarr - Admittedly don't watch any Ligue 1 as it is a completely trash league, but was touted by both spanish giants and also Newcastle last year. And reading some round ups this year, seems to be attracting plenty of attention
  • Carles Alena at Barcelona - can't get a gig in their side but highly rated - more of a loan option as there isn't anyway Barca is going to sell him but would offer more than Davies does already.
Can't really think of any real boss CDM, but there are a few in the lower rated Bundesliga sides.

Given at this stage we house all of Williams, Jagielka, Keane (what a rubbish 3) plus Mori and Holgate. I imagine that we will need to move a couple on before signing anyone of any significance.

• Sarr - Again seems like he has been linked with us already, young and fits the Brands idea of a good signing.

Players we sign need to be the next Jonathan Tahs or Andreas Christensens, I mean Panagiotis Retsos went to Bayer 04 last season for 15m and would have offered twice as much as Keane did on the days he didn't play poorly for half the damn price.

I honestly dont know what the clubs recruitment policy will be. Im hoping its a policy of signing 2-3 top quality additions in the £35-40 million or so bracket with Brands then using his scouting network to then bring in those 1-2 bargain/risk signings for much lower fee's. I fear if we go down the road of only signing prospects we'll end up with a side like Watford who bar 1-2 decent players will see us risk having a load of south american jarg players like Holebas on the books.

100% this - one of the top 3 best LB's in the league imo - him and Coleman would be a fantastic pairing.

Sadly I think we'll be trying our hand on £15-20 million punts from Holland and Argentina this window rather than spend £35-40 million per player like the RS on 3-4 top quality players who will massively improve us.

CB: Koulibaly: £60 million
LM: Lozano £25 million
LB: Rose £40 million
CM: Carvalho £30 million

Pickford

Coleman Keane Koulibaly Rose

Gana Carvalho

Walcott Siggurdsson Lozano

Tosun

Stop with the signing of 6-7 average players and bring in 3-4 top quality players with 1-2 cheaper signings/loan deals to compliment the squad if needed.

I agree with the suggested approach re quality. 3-4 this season and add 1-2 every year.

Carvalho is not the answer though.

What makes anyone think that our new DOF bloke, with 0 seconds of PL experience, will go that way?

I’m sure he won’t. Thank god he won’t.
I just find the term “premiere league proven” without much basis and even if it does, it’s not the main reason as many people tends to suggest.

We are only a shambles because of our recruitment policy.

Make no mistake £150k+ a week contract offer for the likes of Rose, Carvalho, Lozano etc. Is the difference between EFC being a shambles and a genuine contender for the top 6/trophies - like it was when CFC and MCFC started out.

If we are able/willing to pay those sort of wages to attract said players is another thing.

Rooney
Williams
Mori
Besic
McCarthy or Schnerderlin
Mirallas
Niasse
Martina
Klaassan
Sandro
Vlasic?
Bolasie or Lookman

Assuming all of those or the majority leave in the summer your talking a good 500-600k a week wages off the books. I would rather the club out that towards tempting CL calibre players to the "project" than on 6-7 players on 90/100k a week on players like Mawson and Richarlison.

There is no guarantee that it will make us a genuine contender. It is just extreme optimism. Lets not forget that Carvalho has been swerved by almost the entire top 6, hasn't set Portgual on fire over the last 12 months and was also swerved by Spanish mid table sides.

And I agree with you that the shambles is because of our recruitment policy (or lack of). But not only because we purchased the wrong players who were the flavour of the day but also because there was no destination to why we recruited players.

CFC and MCFC are also backed by guys who literally own countries. Moshiri has cash, but his not a feather of a chicken compared to Roman and Mr. Etihad.

Again - you are assuming majority of those players are going to leave - realistically perhaps only half will leave. And those that do may very well be subsidised by Everton for the next 3-5 years. To clear them all out and their legacy will take at least 3 summers. And I want guys like Schenderlin, Rooney, Bolasie, Williams, Mirallas gone as much as anyone.

Different players at different stages of their careers, but I don’t doubt Williams’ hunger to play - he just isn’t very good when he does! I wouldn’t be hugely surprised if he got picked up by a promoted side or a mid-table Championship side. They’ll go for him for his ‘experience and leadership’ and will be happy to match his wages for a two-year contract. It’s exactly what we did with Rooney despite all the warning signs. For someone, Williams will represent an upgrade on what they’ve got.
Hope so;)

Mate,

Chiesa both isn't a CM and won't come for under £20m. Nor will Sarr since Rennes paid £15m last summer.

I honestly dont know what the clubs recruitment policy will be. Im hoping its a policy of signing 2-3 top quality additions in the £35-40 million or so bracket with Brands then using his scouting network to then bring in those 1-2 bargain/risk signings for much lower fee's. I fear if we go down the road of only signing prospects we'll end up with a side like Watford who bar 1-2 decent players will see us risk having a load of south american jarg players like Holebas on the books.
Well I would hope that Everton's budget would be larger than Watford's plus hopeful we take in a lot more from sales than Watford could.
My only worry is that Brands may be shopping in a price range that so far has been out of his reach,but a good player is a good player no matter how much he costs.
Just hope Brands can spot a good established player as well as he can spot a good young one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back