Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredibly inconsistent Zaha who suddenly had a few MOTD highlight clips at centre forward?

Lookman looks fantastic, will be competing with £50mil Sterling for the national team.

Not one part of this makes sense.

1-- £35m isnt double £20mil
2-- Different teams/different price?
3-- Star turn for Leipzig/England u21
4-- Not easy to replace
5-- 1 season at Leipzig and he'll be £50mil+
1. 35m would be the bottom dollar that I would sell for, so while it's not necessarily double 20m, it's slightly under 40m, which would be what I would take from another Premier League club.
2. Obviously we wouldn't be asking for more or less money from different clubs; it was a dumb joke, the point of which is: I don't want to sell Ademola Lookman. If we did sell him, I would want to sell him to a foreign club, and make it impossible for domestic clubs to buy him. It would pain me too much to see him flying while playing for Arsenal or someone of the sort.
3. He's certainly a future star England player and another reason I don't want to let him go in the first place (we are on the same page here)
4. (Also on the same page here)
5. Not sure how he ended up statistically for Leipzig last season but I know he got off to a flying start. I find it hard to argue against this; he has lots of talent that we should by all means necessary try to retain.

although we are moving in the right direction, it would be silly for moshiri to make big deal by sacking managers and restructure the club internally and then not back it with some money. strengthen the team where we know we need it

Agree with your sentiment mate but how exactly are we moving in the right direction?

We replaced John Stones with Ashley Williams

Romelu Lukaku with Tosun & Calvert Lewin

Not spent a penny when our rivals are strengthening

Needed to appoint Sam Alladyce to steer us away from a relegation scrap

Now looking like a few outs according to a lot of chat today:

Pickford - £60m?
Lookman - £25m

Perhaps another £25m for Bolasie / Williams / Mirallas

£110m - of which £25m is reassigned for the wages issue we have - £85m for transfers. That just about works I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back