Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny; not for a single moment did I get my hopes up this time. Everton has officially killed any sense of optimism in me.

Deep down, we all know the state of this pathetic club and what the outcome of this window and every other one will be - the odd bargain signing, brought in to sell on down the line at a profit, the odd youngster for the under-23s for the same reason and the odd big money transfer where we overpay on any terrible player with 'experience' like Williams and Bolasie who are happy to take the pay cheque here because we're stupid enough to offer it, while we meander our way to 8th placed mediocrity for decades on end.

Grim.

Not even surprised as I came to terms with all this the minute last seasons summer window closed... and Koeman stood on the touchline redfaced when Arsenal waltzed in for a 5th.

3rd highest spenders last season. And with that 2 seasons of rebuilding to do

We will get loftus on loan with no option to buy.
And we will buy a CB, it won’t be Mina though.

Completely ignoring the fact we are bereft of goals and creativity.

It's funny; not for a single moment did I get my hopes up this time. Everton has officially killed any sense of optimism in me.

Deep down, we all know the state of this pathetic club and what the outcome of this window and every other one will be - the odd bargain signing, brought in to sell on down the line at a profit, the odd youngster for the under-23s for the same reason and the odd big money transfer where we overpay on any terrible player with 'experience' like Williams and Bolasie who are happy to take the pay cheque here because we're stupid enough to offer it, while we meander our way to 8th placed mediocrity for decades on end.

Grim.

Nailed it.

How long can this be allowed to go on?

We just sit back get promised all sorts and we are given a false sense of optimism.

Then we realise it’s false and we all complain (some more than others like myself) and then we will get fed something else we cling onto it because we don’t want to come to terms that unless we do something serious we aren’t ever changing.

We need to be actually signing players this summer with real potential. I don't value any paper rumour but if welbeck and januazai were indeed our targets then I would genuinely worry about where any ambition has gone.

We just need to go and sign players who can improve the team now and ideally offer something lacking, pace and creativity

Grim.

Yeh. Sounds about right.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but as yet in this the fifth window since Moshiris reign began, we have yet to make a single signing that would be able to get in at one of the top six clubs. Last time we did was 4 years ago in Lukaku. Says it all.

I just can't see us spending this money on hiring/sacking walsh then hiring brands to go out and buy crabs like welbeck

if that happens literally nothing would have changed from last year and would seem moshiri hasn't got the slightest clue how to run a football regardless if he puts the money in or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back