Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandro will not leave. Is the second option for right winger after Walcott in Marco Silva view...
Ricarlison, Bernard, and Lookman can all play on the right, too. He’s not seeing the field ahead of those guys and there’s no way he’s getting paid some absurd wage to sit. He’s looked good enough in preseason to facilitate some interest and I’m sure he’d have no problems sign a slightly lower salary deal to go back to Spain. He has some potential still, but he’s 23 and needs to get regular playing time somewhere.

There is no way the team is selling gylfi
They aren’t selling Sigurdsson. When he gets his 8-9 goals, 7-8 assists playing as a 10, hopefully most will change their tune about him. He doesn’t need pace to play the counter, he needs to make quick passes to those with pace, which he can absolutely do. You also think he’s some deeper lying midfielder, which he’s never been in his entire life.

I keep saying this, but i actually like Sigurdsson.

But the game has changed from being able to have a wide left player with average pace...OR a centre mid who doesnt dominate the opposition.

Sigurdsson was signed by Koeman/Walsh, NOT by Brands/Silva.

Bernard + Richarlison have been signed by the new pair and they wont be sitting on the bench much. Thats the two positions Sigurdsson is supposed to excel in covered.

So its either bench or centre midfield.

DM is Gana/Baningime
CM has to be a new signing or Sigurdsson/Schneiderlin

If we sign a good CM then we can sell the two S's

Its all about the system and the players.

Ricarlison, Bernard, and Lookman can all play on the right, too. He’s not seeing the field ahead of those guys and there’s no way he’s getting paid some absurd wage to sit. He’s looked good enough in preseason to facilitate some interest and I’m sure he’d have no problems sign a slightly lower salary deal to go back to Spain. He has some potential still, but he’s 23 and needs to get regular playing time somewhere.

Sandro? Slighly lower salary? Hes on £100k a week!! No one is paying close to that...only hope is to cover half his wages on loan OR sell for a decent fee to supplement his wages.

Lookman -- when has he ever played on the right?

The manager makes that point and I tend to agree with him. It's unfair to ask him to fashion a team from the tripe Koeman landed him with and then getting none of his defensive targets until a week ago and now waiting on the key position of CB to be filled.

But you’ve already agreed it’ll take a few windows to sort. I think we’d all like to be further on in this window but we are where we are.

You can’t agree that it’s going to take time and then say in the next breath more should have been done sooner. Granted CB is a key area and we all expected someone in before now.

IF we get 1 or two quality CB in + Bernard + a CM before the deadline then that is real progress.

I'm not against him. His wages will be enormous like and if he flops it'll be a financial nightmare to solve.

As he’s free the transfer fee we should get by selling him would likely cover any outlay. He’s almost a no risk signing and improves us.

If we’re looking to improve over time then any opportunity to improve the squad in any position should be welcomed.

Tend to agree with this, focus should have been on two centre backs, left back and centre mid. Let Dowell develop this season with view to being regular starter next season.

Who’s to say that the focus wasn’t on those areas? I’d rather we signed players like Bernard and covered all positions in the squad than hope Dowell develops when he might not be good enough. Conversely, Dowel may develope even more with players like Bernard around him.

If they've had a full preseason they need to play or we're conceding goals on Saturday, probably 2 or 3. Obviously that rules out likes of mina, not sure what Zouma has been up to in preseason

They’ll have possibly played zero game, don’t know their teammates, won’t really know how we want to play. If they make any errors that lead to a goal they’ll get absolutely tortured. It just wouldn’t be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back