Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Wolves allergic to defenders? Seems like they’re signing a load of midfielders and attackers, their defence is absolutely crap. Sounds like us actually, but at least we’re trying.
May be you could interest them in a Keane or Jagielka...

Whatever. I don't really like a lot of his transfers, but there's not much difference between the squad he did 72 points with and the squad Koeman inherited. Biggest subtractions (by appearance) are Osman(41), Distin(37), Naismith(35), Stones(26), and Pienaar(25). We can go back and revise history all we want, but all I'm saying is that you don't need to spend £200M to replace these 5, and there isn't much between a team that succeeded and a team that Koeman left in shambles.

TL;DR, too much introspection about transfers and players, it's terrible management that's left the squad in shambles, and it's really down to 1 or 2 managers.

My view is Martinez dismantled Moyes top 6 side in order to accommodate 4 prodigious young players. It nearly worked but outside those 4 was mostly old players or kids. Koeman came along and sold those 4 and replaced them with far worse players so we ended up with a diabolical squad. Allardyce almost ended Lookman’s career butnfidnat least start the recovery with Tosun and Walcott.

We can’t argue with Richarlison Digne and Bernard as Silva’s first three senior signings.

If we are going to loan one (realistic) player from Chelsea it's got to be Zouma though, right ? RLC, Batshuayi and Bakayoko are less essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.