Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
This January maybe the only chance we have
My thinking exactly. The fact that he's playing at a relatively low standard at the moment may put some of the big clubs off given the probable asking price of £30m+. Plus I think the lad himself and his agent have their heads screwed on and understand the most important thing he needs at the moment is to be playing. He may not get that at some of the bigger clubs. Plus both people will trust Brands.

Everyone expected there to be a rush for his signature following the WC and I'm sure I'm not the only one surprised by how quiet it all was. I put that down to both club and agent putting it out there that he wasn't available, which leads me to believe that a deal had already been set up for January.

Probably just wishful thinking on my partlol

Danny Welbeck, I’d be surprised elsewise.
image.webp

Bernard Richarlison Lozano
I think that front 3 interchanging throughout games would be more than enough to "get out of the mid table".

Its got Top 6 at least all over it.
Yeah it really is a tasty prospect.
Would love to see this (standard attack formation):
Richarlison, 9, Lozano
Digne, Bernard, Sig, Kenny/Coleman
Zouma,Holding mid, Mina
To take on the RS with relish.

Unless it’s a South American team whose season is finished I can’t see any team selling a top quality 15/20 goal a season CF in January , unless said club is financially strapped
But those players are naff. If we're willing to sell Tosun and/or Niasse we must have a top class striker lined up but not many of those go in January.
Tosun isn't off anywhere.

Niasse will be gone in Jan, and we'll probably aim to get a forward in.

I think Richarlison will be the centre forward. If Bernard was signed for the left then its the logical choice.

Bernard and Richarlison can both play on the right. We’ve got 4 guys for 2 spots right now including Lookman, we aren’t going to splash 40M on Chucky, nor do we need him as much as I like him. We have bigger needs.

Personally cant see both Lookman and Walcott here next season. One or both out in Jan if Lozano was attainable.

I've watched him about 3 times for PSV this year and he's played mainly on the right of a front 3. The wide men switch wings now and again but he's started on the right and played the majority of the game there.

He's looked good too.

They are in a massively difficult CL group and I think it's fair to say are likely to finish bottom. I can definitely see us going in for him in January and using the proceeds from selling Lookman towards the cost. Reckon it'll probably cost us £10m net.

Think he's going to be the next Hazard and hopefully we can have him for 2/3 years whilst he develops to that level.

If somebody of his quality becomes available in January, which I think he will, we would be absolute fools not to go in for him. I agree the position is not our biggest need at the moment, but I'm sure we'll still have a suitor for Lookman and the opportunity to replace him with Lozano will not be overlooked.

Front 3 Bernard, Richarlison, Lozano....thats insane on paper.

I think he may cost a little more than that, but I agree we should be after him. I know some have said we have plenty who can play wide. But I think Brands will always have a eye on future.

I like Walcott, but he’s not top level for me and is 30, also who knows what will happen with lookman. And I think the chance of us getting him next summer or next January will be difficult if he keeps up his form. This January maybe the only chance we have.

This Jan is a really ideal moment to sell Walcott when other teams are willing to pay ovet the odds. Lookman possibly off to Leipzig also.

That would roughly cover the fee.

Id say Walcott, Tosun, Niasse, Schneiderlin will all be ideal players to punt in Jan to desperate teams and Lookman possibly to Leipzig.

If Lozano was signed then thats the front 3 sorted...we would need another midfielder of top quality but then we can make further changes in the summer.

Yeah it really is a tasty prospect.
Would love to see this (standard attack formation):
Richarlison, 9, Lozano
Digne, Bernard, Sig, Kenny/Coleman
Zouma,Holding mid, Mina
To take on the RS with relish.

Bernard -- Richarlison -- Lozano
CM -- CM
DM
Digne -- Mina -- RCB -- RB
Pickford
Thats how i hope Brands and Marco are seeing things if we tie up Lozano.

5 players short then.

Lozano plays right or left. He played his last match on the right.
Agree on Richy. Ideally they're your wingers. But would leave Bernard and Sig in the middle at 9 and 10, which I think would actually work.
Whatever the case, if we want to get out of the mid table we need options.

It’s hard with richy and Bernard both preferring the left side, it’s good in the fact that if one is injured or out of form then we have an outstanding replacement . Only problem is and I say problem as in a good way, when they’re both playing well you have to accomodate one in a position that isn’t their strongest

It’s hard with richy and Bernard both preferring the left side, it’s good in the fact that if one is injured or out of form then we have an outstanding replacement . Only problem is and I say problem as in a good way, when they’re both playing well you have to accomodate one in a position that isn’t their strongest

Lets see how Richarlison does at CF for the next few games...

My guess is 2 more goals after Palace and Utd.

That’s correct
We are still on the situation where we need to have all our best players on the pitch at the same time even if it means playing some out of position
Squad depth is simply not there as the cup game showed

I think Richarlison will be the centre forward. If Bernard was signed for the left then its the logical choice.

Personally cant see both Lookman and Walcott here next season. One or both out in Jan if Lozano was attainable.

Front 3 Bernard, Richarlison, Lozano....thats insane on paper.

This Jan is a really ideal moment to sell Walcott when other teams are willing to pay ovet the odds. Lookman possibly off to Leipzig also.

That would roughly cover the fee.

Id say Walcott, Tosun, Niasse, Schneiderlin will all be ideal players to punt in Jan to desperate teams and Lookman possibly to Leipzig.

If Lozano was signed then thats the front 3 sorted...we would need another midfielder of top quality but then we can make further changes in the summer.

FFS Zat

We aren't selling Walcott to fund a winger from the Eredivise - not this year.

Walcott is our third highest scorer and our joint highest assister

Tosun I imagine will stay

The other two will be gone if decent offers come in/we have the depth. Not sure what will happen with Lookman but if he does go, then I'd say he'd be the one making way for Lozano (or another winger), not Walcott.

CM -- CM
DM
Pickford

5 players short then.

Gana

Sigurdsson

Gomes

Keane/Zouma

Coleman

There's six

Stop thinking we're selling half the squad. It doesn't matter if we have three players that are 29, Zatman. They aren't ancient.

They also happen to be three of our best players.

FFS Zat

We aren't selling Walcott to fund a winger from the Eredivise - not this year.

Walcott is our third highest scorer and our joint highest assister

Tosun I imagine will stay

The other two will be gone if decent offers come in/we have the depth. Not sure what will happen with Lookman but if he does go, then I'd say he'd be the one making way for Lozano (or another winger), not Walcott.

You mean like when the RS sold Torres and replaced him with Suarez?

CM -- CM
DM
Pickford

5 players short then.
Siggy, if he keeps up the current form he's shown over the last 3 games, deserves one of those CM spots. As you know, I also haven't given up on Seamus yet. If he doesn't get his pre injury form back by the end of this season then yes, he'll need to be replaced. If we get the second CM position sorted so Gana can just focus on what he does best, then he's good enough for the DM position. Gomes may well prove himself to be the missing midfield ingredient, or possibly Vlasic if he continues improving at Moscow.

We also still need to replace Tosun as I mentioned earlier. Richarlison is not a back to goal player and should only be played up top when he's able to play on the shoulder.

You mean like when the RS sold Torres and replaced him with Suarez?

Sold Torres for £50m...

Walcott's a good player. He's 29, not 36.

Lozano looks a prospect and an excellent player, I'd love him here.

But, at the moment Walcott is a key player in what could be a brilliant front four.

That's why, if anyone is to go to bring in Lozano, I think it will be Lookman.

Lozano is quick, but he's not as quick as Theo, who is the only one of the four wide forwards we have on the books who actually has that sheer pace to get in behind (like he did v Bournemouth for his goal).

Why are we wanting to sell all of our squad? The 1980s team was made up of a bunch of hopeless aged crocks and young talent, the sum of the parts being infinitely better than than the individuals concerned. We can afford to lose Niasse (basically because he isn't really a footballer) and Schnedierlin (if Gomes gets fit - and because Schneiderlin is a coward) but that is it. We need a squad of players and we need to now integrate players slowly into the first team so that we don't get the type of shock to the team as happened last year under Koeman.

All this clamour for perfection will only lead to tears. Even the RS have added prudently and it is paying dividends for them as the style and plan is formulated and new players will know what their role is. We have yet to even establish the style and plan.

Sold Torres for £50m...

Walcott's a good player. He's 29, not 36.

Lozano looks a prospect and an excellent player, I'd love him here.

But, at the moment Walcott is a key player in what could be a brilliant front four.

That's why, if anyone is to go to bring in Lozano, I think it will be Lookman.

Lozano is quick, but he's not as quick as Theo, who is the only one of the four wide forwards we have on the books who actually has that sheer pace to get in behind (like he did v Bournemouth for his goal).

Torres wasnt 36 either...think he was 29 or younger wasnt he?

Wouldnt say Walcott should be seen as a key player. The point is that having 3 forward players on the pitch means that its hard to double mark anyone so that gives him more space...hes good, but not the level to get us into the places which mean something.

Like i said in an earlier post, the 4 the RS had with Coutinho, Firminho, Mane, Salah....id say Bernard and Richarlison are at that top level. Walcott isnt and Sigurdsson needs to do it over several months before he can be considered indispensible (like some are alluding to).

Lozano could be the best of the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back