Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ Xat you haven’t seen Gomes kick a ball and you are already writing him off
Barca bought him with the intention of being a first teamer
It didn’t work out for him there but he’was a good player at Valencia

He's not our player...what does he have to do with permanent signings?

I agree Zat. But I would call mid to long term 3-5 years. I certainly wouldn't be contemplating getting rid of Siggy/Gana/Seamus before the end of NEXT season unless their form warrants it. If they were still doing the biz for us I wouldn't even do it then.

In business yes, in football i'd say if we have a 5 year plan then that may be defined as 'long term' but i imagine from day 1;
2 seasons = short term.
2-3 seasons = mid term
3-5seasons = long term

End of next season would be into the mid-term imo but at the same time, i do think we will be looking at their values and seeing if we can upgrade. Thats just good practice.

Zat blinkin oaf you are a fair dinkum head wobbler.

We aren't getting rid of Sigurdsson, Coleman, Walcott and Gueye. They are key players. Some players might come in (sure....) but they won't all be replaced for a few years to come. Jeepers laduddums you walk the life of a dreamland cof.

Key players? lol

How Zat sees any player over the age of 25...

View attachment 50249

It appears as though Marcel Brands does too...

What's mid-long term to you, Zat?

Because those players (- Zouma, potentiall) will be in our squad for the next two seasons (i.e. this and at least the first half of next).

See my post above.

Cant bank on Gomes or Zouma staying past this season.

As i posted before, if we had all these supposed 'key players' (when you simply cant be a key player simply by being in a first 11 so its beyond me) in the team then immediately Zouma + Davies/Gomes positions need permanent players at CB/CM.

Pickford
Coleman ??? Mina Digne
Gana
??? SIgurdsson
Walcott Richarlison Bernard
Fill those 2 ??? positions and then focus on Coleman/Gana/Sigurdsson/Walcott.

Thats how it works on paper...

HOWEVER

In Jan, perhaps we want to wait till the summer window to see if we can lure Gomes and Zouma.

In which case surely we go straight into looking at improving the other 4 positions...

Seems sensible.

Lets see how Gomes plays first.

If he fits in well, perhaps we will only look at a CF option. January is a tough one though, so I wouldn't expect much.

Maybe give Bayern/Real/Juve a shout and see if any of their centre forwards fancy a 6 month loan.

Don’t get me wrong , I hope he turns into a beast of a CF we are crying out for one and have Bernard to take his place on the left, that would be a dream scenario.
Lets see how Gomes plays first.

If he fits in well, perhaps we will only look at a CF option. January is a tough one though, so I wouldn't expect much.

Maybe give Bayern/Real/Juve a shout and see if any of their centre forwards fancy a 6 month loan.

Heres the thing...

We havent signed Bernard to sit on the bench and he's looking just like the Brazilians have said, a left sided winger/forward player.

With that in mind, i doubt weve gone for him and Richarlison for the same position.

So perhaps, Richarlison was always earmarked for the CF role?

If thats the case then we need a CM (Gomes?) and a CB (Zouma?) before the only other players not signed by Silva/Brands in the outfield 11 are Coleman, Gana, Sigurdsson, Walcott.

If Gomes and Zouma (and Barca/Chelsea) agree deals with us to be activated next summer then would that mean we wont be active in Jan?

I think its highly likely we will be bringing in 2 players as we continue the squad overhaul.

I have read a lot about how we require a centre midfielder. As Tom is producing average displays and nothing of real excitement. I for one hope Tom comes good. However, the one player I cant wait to see is Andre Gomes, if he gets close to the form he has show in the past I think the fans will be made up.

This guy would be the first centre mid we have had in a long time that can dictate play. Standing at nearly 6'2 he wont be a push over, although not a renowned ball winner, he can most def put in a tackle. Could be exactly what the fans have been demanding for a long time.

Also I think if Gomes settles here and plays well he will run out of Barca and they will hold the door open for him
The fee won’t be an issue
I can’t hinestly see Chelsea giving Zouma game time
He’d a full season in the PL last season nd they still loaned him out to us
Cahill is on the way out but Christensen and Ampadu are class acts
I’d not be in the least bit surprised if Ampadu turns into a world class player

In Jan, perhaps we want to wait till the summer window to see if we can lure Gomes and Zouma.

In which case surely we go straight into looking at improving the other 4 positions...

Seems sensible.

I don't think it works that way though mate.

January windows should be for adding bits if the quality is there (like Walcott and Cenk last season).

Those four players are crucial to how we play. Experience is vastly important. We named our youngest ever PL team on Saturday (avg age of 24). You don't move those players on halfway through a season and you don't chop and change.

Gana, Gylfi and Walcott will all be here come the end of the season and into next and rightly so. They are literally three of our five best players.

January windows should be for adding bits if the quality is there (like Walcott and Cenk last season).

Those four players are crucial to how we play. Experience is vastly important. We named our youngest ever PL team on Saturday (avg age of 24). You don't move those players on halfway through a season and you don't chop and change.

Gana, Gylfi and Walcott will all be here come the end of the season and into next and rightly so. They are literally three of our five best players.
Unfortunately mate they're all on the wrong side of 18. Best see them off soon while we can still regain some shekels for them.

Is this the let’s make a pretend formation with loads of players we’re never likely to sign, haven’t even heard of Everton and won’t leave their clubs in January thread again?

And there’s the problem, if them 3 are still in our top 5 players next season, We will still only be the best of the rest IE 7th.

Siggurdsson still has a question mark against him, yes he’s started this season well but needs to carry it on.

As fir the other two, if we are serious at breaking into the top 6/4 and I’m sure we are. Gana and Walcott should be struggling to make the 1st 11, next season. and be Mainly squad players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back