Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Lozano will come here. From what I’ve read he has a really good relationship with Brands which could be a clincher. If he trusts him and brands tells him he can be a success in the premiership then I can see him coming. We’re playing good attacking football, will play well and the premiership is where a lot of players want to be. With him and Richarlison we’d have to very exciting, hardworking attacking players
I agree.

Not in any way ITK, just wishful thinking an d a case of putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with a zillionlol

1) There is the link with Brands. He definitely has the trust of both the player and his advisors.
2) Both player and agent understand that he is still developing and probably not yet ready to hold down a regular starting position at one of the top clubs. At the very least he would have a tremendous amount of competition for places. He needs to be playing most games so he needs another stepping stone club before going on to the likes of Barca, much in the same way as De Bruyne, Suarez and, hopefully Salah.
3) The Premiership is the ideal place for him to develop further. Some people say he needs Champions League but I disagree. He is in a hard group this season so will play 6 difficult games in the Champions League, in other groups he would arguably have had at best 4 really difficult games. In the premier league he will have 12 games against very high quality teams and probably the same number of very tough games. Worldwide the premier league is arguably as high profile as the champions league too.
4) Outside of the elite, there's only a certain number of clubs who are in a financial position to match the probably asking price and players wage demands. Everton are definitely one of them.
5) At the world cup he was being talked about as one of the next big things. Afterwards, the amount of speculation was negligible. There were some initial links to the likes of Man Utd and Barca, but these went away very quickly. It's as if the word went out that he's already spoken for. There is still a distinct lack of regular gossip surrounding him despite his performances in both the league and CL.
6) PSV had a chance to qualify for the Champions league which is financially massive for a club like them. I think, because of the connection, Brands came to an agreement with them that they keep hold of him until January to help make sure they get the financial windfall from the CL group qualification. Had it not been for the early window closure in England I think the player would have come in the summer and we'd have sold Lookman to RBL to help finance it.

So there you have it. Not sure of it's total fantasy, but I've managed to convince myself he's coming in January, and I still think we'll offload Lookman at the same time. I really believe the deal has already been done in so far as a gentleman's agreement with both the player and club.;)

Cant see the comparison with bernard lookman and Lozano myself...Bernard and Lozano to me, so far at least look very different.

As for walcott, i doubt hed be happy sitting on the bench or rotated.

Both diminutive players who like to run with the ball and drift infield.

Lozano is more a 'classic' winger, definitely, but he's not the Walcott type who runs in behind, either.

If we bought Lozano, I'd imagine Richarlison would be pretty much classed as the striker, at least for the first few months after he was signed (say if we signed him in Jan).

I'd be made up if we go for him, but I just don't see it.
I've convinced myself it's on mate. And I think Lookman will be the one to make way and part finance the deal.

As regards the striker, I really think Marco will mix it up a bit, or I hope so anyway. Richarlison has shown how effective he can be up front away from home against Leicester, and I'd like to see him play that role when we can expect him to have space in behind. I also think Walcott could also be effective there, especially against teams that play a high defensive line like City. Lozano could too. He has the pace and looks incredibly cool in front of goal whenever I've seen him. Playing Richarlison up top in certain games also gives us the opportunity to play Bernard in his favoured position

But the palace game showed why we also need a Tosun type player in the squad. Somebody capable of playing with his back to goal, which Richarlison isn't yet. I like Tosun and think he's a decent player. However with the squad we are building, I do think him as our first choice striker is probably a weak link and at some stage needs replacing if we can get an upgrade. If we can find a younger version of somebody like Giroud that would be fantastic. But I then think Tosun would need to go from the squad because I think it would be terribly hard for a club like us to keep him happy. I'd keep DCL as the back up striker and an option from the bench.

I agree.

Not in any way ITK, just wishful thinking an d a case of putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with a zillionlol

1) There is the link with Brands. He definitely has the trust of both the player and his advisors.
2) Both player and agent understand that he is still developing and probably not yet ready to hold down a regular starting position at one of the top clubs. At the very least he would have a tremendous amount of competition for places. He needs to be playing most games so he needs another stepping stone club before going on to the likes of Barca, much in the same way as De Bruyne, Suarez and, hopefully Salah.
3) The Premiership is the ideal place for him to develop further. Some people say he needs Champions League but I disagree. He is in a hard group this season so will play 6 difficult games in the Champions League, in other groups he would arguably have had at best 4 really difficult games. In the premier league he will have 12 games against very high quality teams and probably the same number of very tough games. Worldwide the premier league is arguably as high profile as the champions league too.
4) Outside of the elite, there's only a certain number of clubs who are in a financial position to match the probably asking price and players wage demands. Everton are definitely one of them.
5) At the world cup he was being talked about as one of the next big things. Afterwards, the amount of speculation was negligible. There were some initial links to the likes of Man Utd and Barca, but these went away very quickly. It's as if the word went out that he's already spoken for. There is still a distinct lack of regular gossip surrounding him despite his performances in both the league and CL.
6) PSV had a chance to qualify for the Champions league which is financially massive for a club like them. I think, because of the connection, Brands came to an agreement with them that they keep hold of him until January to help make sure they get the financial windfall from the CL group qualification. Had it not been for the early window closure in England I think the player would have come in the summer and we'd have sold Lookman to RBL to help finance it.

So there you have it. Not sure of it's total fantasy, but I've managed to convince myself he's coming in January, and I still think we'll offload Lookman at the same time. I really believe the deal has already been done in so far as a gentleman's agreement with both the player and club.;)

Fingers crossed!

Both diminutive players who like to run with the ball and drift infield.

Lozano is more a 'classic' winger, definitely, but he's not the Walcott type who runs in behind, either.

Lozano to me seems to be someone who is a wide striker rather than a classic winger. He doesn’t hog the touchkine and wants to come in and get goals.

Pep has worked wonders with Sterling, getting him to attack the box and it’s what makes Salah so dangerous. They attack the space between centre backs and full backs and this is what Lozano does.

Isn't he basically a Richarlison clone though? Can play wide left or in the middle if needed.
A mate of mine goes home and away with Utd. And says martial is a much more talented than Rashford.

I think he is more of a centre forward than a wide player, but I think Richarlison is more of a wide player.

A front 3 of Richarlison-martial-Lozano would be incredible and all under 24.

A mate of mine goes home and away with Utd. And says martial is a much more talented than Rashford.

I think he is more of a centre forward than a wide player, but I think Richarlison is more of a wide player.

A front 3 of Richarlison-martial-Lozano would be incredible and all under 24.

I'm not overly concerned about age to be honest, I just want them to be good! Lozano is talented but he is a risk, will he be able to play over here to the level he does currently? I do like Martial but I just think he kind of falls between 2 stools and if we are spending big money we need to know exactly what we are going to do with him.

I'm not overly concerned about age to be honest, I just want them to be good! Lozano is talented but he is a risk, will he be able to play over here to the level he does currently? I do like Martial but I just think he kind of falls between 2 stools and if we are spending big money we need to know exactly what we are going to do with him.
Lot of sense in that post
Hopefully Brands knows his stuff

Don't think there's a chance in hell Martial would even consider coming here, either.

And before I get the 'ambishun' shouts from some, IF he leaves United I'm pretty sure most big clubs in Europe would be more than happy to bring him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back