Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
who said we were ever even interested in Firimino though? people see one jarg paper link and assume we've lost out and actually made an offer

I wouldn't be bothered if we lost out my issue is theirs currently nothing concrete to say we are even registering "real" interest in these types of players, Firmino, Payet and looks like Shaqiri could be going aswell, quality playmakers are hard too come across and with the season starting earlier I would feel alot more reassured if we had gone for this type of player asap to secure and bed in the squad rather than chasing 3rd choice CB's which we could afford to wait for.

I wouldn't be bothered if we lost out my issue is theirs currently nothing concrete to say we are even registering "real" interest in these types of players, Firmino, Payet and looks like Shaqiri could be going aswell, quality playmakers are hard too come across and with the season starting earlier I would feel alot more reassured if we had gone for this type of player asap to secure and bed in the squad rather than chasing 3rd choice CB's which we could afford to wait for.
it seemed like we were interested in payet but we weren't going to go over the top with wages like West Ham did, saw rumors of 80k+ for 6 years (he'd be 34 by the end).

We wanted him mate, wages and signing on fee were a huge issue for us though (Came from sheeds).

and jinks!

this is where we differ from liverpool so much. they have a massive wad and are too desperate so just throw whatever cash the player wants, this is what causes squad disharmony! we tend not to do that here thankfully. made a mistake with eto'o and he was quickly shipped off - same reason why we won't be getting shakiri

... with the season starting earlier I would feel alot more reassured if we had gone for this type of player asap to secure and bed in the squad rather than chasing 3rd choice CB's which we could afford to wait for.

You can call me naive if you like, but I think we're capable of inquiring and negogiating over more than one player at a time.

Just been the offie and some lid in there swore down that we were about to sign that Ogbonna. I reckon we could be onto something here. Really felt like posting it in the real thread, but he wouldn't give an interview. :rant:

Apparently Advocaat is going to start playing Jack Rodwell at CB...

Worth a punt??

Pros
Only 24
Good height
Strong
Fast
2 footed
Decent on the ball

Cons

Hardly ever played at CB
His hamstrings are made of silly string.

Just putting it out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back