Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleverley
Deulofeu
CB
No. 10
Striker
Lennon
Loan player(s)

*If Mirallas leaves, another winger or two.

It seems unrealistic, but I have an inkling we have a fair amount to spend. I think it's going to be a much better window than most of you think.

Cleverley
Deulofeu
CB
No. 10
Striker
Lennon
Loan player(s)

It seems unrealistic, but I have an inkling we have a fair amount to spend. I think it's going to be a much better window than most of you think.
We could do with getting a number 10 in before preseason starts though IMO. We don't want to linger about. Our first few games could have a big influence on our season.

I wouldn't be bothered if we lost out my issue is theirs currently nothing concrete to say we are even registering "real" interest in these types of players, Firmino, Payet and looks like Shaqiri could be going aswell, quality playmakers are hard too come across and with the season starting earlier I would feel alot more reassured if we had gone for this type of player asap to secure and bed in the squad rather than chasing 3rd choice CB's which we could afford to wait for.
I think they can go after more than one at a time.

Messi has just turned 28. Should be a hell of a lot cheaper now that his acceleration, pace, agility and balance stats have all plummeted overnight.
In fairness watch a video of a 19 year old Messi and you can see how his pace, agility and balance have plummeted. His overall game is much better though.

Last edited:
any chance we could sign Jesús Aldo de Nigris?
a6043c5ef3e3651f78d9.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldo_de_Nigris

no idea if he's any good or not, would be worth it just to shout 'Jesus Aldo FFS!' every time he hoofs it into Row Z

and jinks!

this is where we differ from liverpool so much. they have a massive wad and are too desperate so just throw whatever cash the player wants, this is what causes squad disharmony! we tend not to do that here thankfully. made a mistake with eto'o and he was quickly shipped off - same reason why we won't be getting shakiri
both unfortunately and fortunately true.

Same for Konopylanka and Payet too. Wait are we noticing a pattern.

Cleverley
Deulofeu
CB
No. 10
Striker
Lennon
Loan player(s)

Spot on. Think if we do sign a striker, it will be on loan. A keeper is only signing if Howard wants to leave, which we know is not happening and which makes us sad.

If Mirallas does leave then we need to get a big name replacement - Konoplyanka or Shaqiri maybe..

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.sportsatu.com/serie-a/tiga-klub-premier-league-bersaing-dapatkan-shaqiri-7413.html&edit-text=&act=url

15m Euros for Shaqiri.

Make it happen Bobby. Deulofeu on one side and Shaqiri on the other with Ross in the middle. Sure no one will pass to Rom because they'll all be shooting but think of all the wonder goals we'll see.

Hold on. That article says 15million euros is 223 billion dollars?? Is that correct? So Gareth Bale cost over a trillion dollars? That can't be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back