Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think we could be the club in for Firmino? Could only see us and possibly Utd as being the only clubs in for him. Spurs have eriksen likewise RS have Coutinho, Arsenal won't need him neither would Chelsea or city you would think.

Can't see it happening, although I think in a perfect world we would make a lovely proposition for a player like Firmino: he would have lots of exciting talent both ahead of him and behind him on the pitch. He would be an essential creative force for Everton from day one, zero risk of getting stuck on the bench in a transition period when arriving the club. Wages maybe not on par with the top clubs but not that far behind, and with the boost of creativity he himself would add to the team, who's to say we couldn't be in with a shout for the CL qualifying spots? Compare this with the prospect of playing second fiddle to a Mata or similar, and possibly getting stuck in Kagawa-like limbo, you'd like think that there are clever players out there who would actually prefer us to the Man Utds of this world.... hardly ever see it happening like that though.

The core group is 19 (galloway) to 26 (coleman) and i would be quite happy adding players from very young up to 24.

This gives the group 5 years together before it peaks which is perfect.

Bartra is 24, too old for you. He only looks ridiculously young.

Well, to look at it another way....

Lets say Cleverley,Deulofeu,Garbutt and Klavan are all signed up for total cost of £5mil approx.

The weak links are then left wing, playmaker and keeper. Lets say Martinez sticks with Howard next season so we need two more players.

I think we have £20mil this summer so would have used approx £5mil. Mirallas and McGeady likely to leave for £15-20mil so lets say we have £30mil.

One loan winger and around £30mil to spend on a left winger and a playmaker.

This puts Firmino and Kovacic types in our price range and i would hope Martinez would make one BIG signing as first season McCarthy was a good size buy then Lukaku an enormous buy so id hope for something in the middle at about £20mil.

Can't see it happening, although I think in a perfect world we would make a lovely proposition for a player like Firmino: he would have lots of exciting talent both ahead of him and behind him on the pitch. He would be an essential creative force for Everton from day one, zero risk of getting stuck on the bench in a transition period when arriving the club. Wages maybe not on par with the top clubs but not that far behind, and with the boost of creativity he himself would add to the team, who's to say we couldn't be in with a shout for the CL qualifying spots? Compare this with the prospect of playing second fiddle to a Mata or similar, and possibly getting stuck in Kagawa-like limbo, you'd like think that there are clever players out there who would actually prefer us to the Man Utds of this world.... hardly ever see it happening like that though.

T Clevz

My issue with selling Mirallas and McGeady this window and bring in one winger means we're left with only - as it looks - Gerard on one wing, Pienaar on the left and then a new winger. We need people like McGeady for the bench. It's all well and good having a wicked starting XI but people seem to forget you need a good squad to do anything. We need numbers, we need to keep the McGeady's and Kone's since they'll bring in no cash.

Roberto Firmino's agent has confirmed the player will be moving to England in the summer , however will wait till after the Copa America. Could be our number 10 we're after ? Although UTD appear to be favourites.

The agent of Hoffenheim forward Roberto Firmino has confirmed his client will move to the Premier League this summer.

Roger Wittmann, who represents the 23-year-old, would not confirm where the striker's exact destination was - although he has recently been linked with a move to Manchester United.

"All I can say is that he's moving to England," Wittmann told Germany's Bild newspaper.

It may take a while before a deal is announced, though, since the Brazil international is current representing his country at the Copa America.

Strange were not after Marc Bartra from Barca, available for £8.5mil.

Would have thought Martinez would be all over that.

Mentioned that the other day.
Massive package deal for del, bartra and sergi roberto and thats us sorted

Everlona

M.E.N have confirmed via his agent that his next Destination will be England , now do United really need him ?

The agent of Hoffenheim forward Roberto Firmino has confirmed his client will move to the Premier League this summer.

Roger Wittmann, who represents the 23-year-old, would not confirm where the striker's exact destination was - although he has recently been linked with a move to Manchester United.

"All I can say is that he's moving to England," Wittmann told Germany's Bild newspaper.

It may take a while before a deal is announced, though, since the Brazil international is current representing his country at the Copa America.

M.E.N have confirmed via his agent that his next Destination will be England , now do United really need him ?

I thought it strange he next said it was Unit - maybe he's not allowed as he's still under contract? However it seems likely as they are the only team very recently linked with a bid. Personally think it's a bad move for him and for United too as they're already struggling to fit all the attackers in their team and desperately need defensive players.

Roberto Firmino's agent has confirmed the player will be moving to England in the summer , however will wait till after the Copa America. Could be our number 10 we're after ? Although UTD appear to be favourites.

haven't seen us linked in a long time, seems set for United unless a new stories come out

Moved to speculation thread
If it's speculation, just type it in here, don't copy it to both threads

Kagawa is the new rumour today, even though it's in the daily star. Seems to be out of favour at Dortmund. Would be a boss signing!

Well, to look at it another way....

Lets say Cleverley,Deulofeu,Garbutt and Klavan are all signed up for total cost of £5mil approx.

The weak links are then left wing, playmaker and keeper. Lets say Martinez sticks with Howard next season so we need two more players.

I think we have £20mil this summer so would have used approx £5mil. Mirallas and McGeady likely to leave for £15-20mil so lets say we have £30mil.

One loan winger and around £30mil to spend on a left winger and a playmaker.

This puts Firmino and Kovacic types in our price range and i would hope Martinez would make one BIG signing as first season McCarthy was a good size buy then Lukaku an enormous buy so id hope for something in the middle at about £20mil.

A boy can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back