Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should sign Vincent Kompany.

The fact City haven't offered him a new contract this month and with Mangala now settled in he's obviously surplus to requirements at City. Plus with all the rumours their looking to spend big this summer I think a word from his cousin David Henen could swing this easy. We'd probably be able to get him for £83.24p and he's settled in the Northwest and wouldn't even need to change his address on his driving licence or anything.

He'd be perfect to partner John Stones, passing on his tips about leadership and professionalism. He's great at marshalling a defence and is a born winner who's bullies forwards into submission. He's also world class in the air, without doubt one of the best defensive headers of the ball in Europe/North America.

The trouble is he's injury prone and can't be relied upon and when he is fit he usually drops at least one clanger in pressure matches because he lacks discipline and concentration. Also his distribution is sloppy and he's not a "Martinez type player" and he often does this headless chicken thing and gets caught out of position. He's got a poor disciplinary record as well and often concedes unnessary fouls in dangerious areas as well as picking up red cards.

Arsenal would be all over us with bids for him though as he's ideal for them, he's like the missing ingredient that's stopping them winning the league cup. I am feed up of the links to Barca in the Mail but looking at how much they spent on Vermaelen last season we'd easily get £95m from them when they come knocking, in fact it would probably start a bidding war between all the champions league clubs and I bet City would love a player like Kompany.

If we could just get Kompany in next season we'd be amazing, imagine this..

Howard

Coleman. Stones. Kompany. Garbutt.

Barry. McCarthy.

Osman. Cleverley. Walcott.

Barkley.
Lukaku.

We still need a controller in midfield to pull the strings to share the burden with Gibson (aka play every match whilst he lies on the treatment table). Difficult players to find but it would be great to unearth another Arteta. Cabaye would be my ideal signing, he almost single handedly took Newcadtle to fifth and made Cisse Tiote and Ben Arfa look like good footballers as well as Pardew a good manager. His passing would put the likes of Barkley Lukaku and Mirallad into dangerous areas rather than always getting the slow ball outside the box they get now. Obviously if Bill wants to get his wallet out for Pirlo or Verrati that's fine by me as well.

We still need a controller in midfield to pull the strings to share the burden with Gibson (aka play every match whilst he lies on the treatment table). Difficult players to find but it would be great to unearth another Arteta. Cabaye would be my ideal signing, he almost single handedly took Newcadtle to fifth and made Cisse Tiote and Ben Arfa look like good footballers as well as Pardew a good manager. His passing would put the likes of Barkley Lukaku and Mirallad into dangerous areas rather than always getting the slow ball outside the box they get now. Obviously if Bill wants to get his wallet out for Pirlo or Verrati that's fine by me as well.

Johannes Geis from Mainz would be a better option on cheaper wages.

Ross Barkley is this player, with a proper number 10.

The fact City haven't offered him a new contract this month and with Mangala now settled in he's obviously surplus to requirements at City. Plus with all the rumours their looking to spend big this summer I think a word from his cousin David Henen could swing this easy. We'd probably be able to get him for £83.24p and he's settled in the Northwest and wouldn't even need to change his address on his driving licence or anything.

He'd be perfect to partner John Stones, passing on his tips about leadership and professionalism. He's great at marshalling a defence and is a born winner who's bullies forwards into submission. He's also world class in the air, without doubt one of the best defensive headers of the ball in Europe/North America.

The trouble is he's injury prone and can't be relied upon and when he is fit he usually drops at least one clanger in pressure matches because he lacks discipline and concentration. Also his distribution is sloppy and he's not a "Martinez type player" and he often does this headless chicken thing and gets caught out of position. He's got a poor disciplinary record as well and often concedes unnessary fouls in dangerious areas as well as picking up red cards.

Arsenal would be all over us with bids for him though as he's ideal for them, he's like the missing ingredient that's stopping them winning the league cup. I am feed up of the links to Barca in the Mail but looking at how much they spent on Vermaelen last season we'd easily get £95m from them when they come knocking, in fact it would probably start a bidding war between all the champions league clubs and I bet City would love a player like Kompany.

Howard

Barry. McCarthy.

Barkley.
Lukaku.
Thats a 12 man team Dougie, drop Howard and play last man back

No hes not, hes the player to drive with the ball not spray it about

Disagree, he has that side to his game. But you watch his U21 games and yoof games, he completely controls the game with loads of short passes, and some stunning longer balls.

Watch his game V Italy.

That's the beauty of him, he has both sides to his game...just not the consistency yet.

Disagree, he has that side to his game. But you watch his U21 games and yoof games, he completely controls the game with loads of short passes, and some stunning longer balls.

Watch his game V Italy.

That's the beauty of him, he has both sides to his game...just not the consistency yet.
At the top level hes not shown the brain for that side yet. He does have the technique to do it but doesnt execute it

Watch his game V Italy.

Barkley could play this role yes. We saw this v QPR. Will he ever be trusted with it? Probably not. Gibson and Barkley would be my ideal pairing. Both can dictate play from deep and shoot from distance (two things McCarthy Barry Besic and Cleverley can't do). Barkley would offer brilliant tactical flexibility similar to Toure because if you pressure him he could just run past you but if you sit off him and Gibson can kill you with passing. Barkley is completely wasted at number 10.

Barkley could play this role yes. We saw this v QPR. Will he ever be trusted with it? Probably not. Gibson and Barkley would be my ideal pairing. Both can dictate play from deep and shoot from distance (two things McCarthy Barry Besic and Cleverley can't do). Barkley would offer brilliant tactical flexibility similar to Toure because if you pressure him he could just run past you but if you sit off him and Gibson can kill you with passing. Barkley is completely wasted at number 10.

Even players that are elite level in that deeper position, don't mature in that roll till much later in their 20's.

I do see Ross doing that.

Even players that are elite level in that deeper position, don't mature in that roll till much later in their 20's.

I do see Ross doing that.

Doesn't need to be elite, just needs to be better than what we have currently which I think he would be. The current combinations, Gibdon aside, are very poor in my view.

Doesn't need to be elite, just needs to be better than what we have currently which I think he would be. The current combinations, Gibdon aside, are very poor in my view.

I think their is more to Ross, than running with the ball from deep, like Yaya.

Howard

Barry. McCarthy.

Barkley.
Lukaku.
ducan.jpg

He's never played for Wigan, and because of that, I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back