Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depay is a great player, there is a lot of talent in Holland it is just finding one's that can step up to the prem.

There is indeed however it doesn't look to be somewhere Martinez is taking too seriously. I'd like us to be looking into Kongolo and van Beek from Feyenoord along with Ziyech and some more expensive options a la Kishna, El Ghazi and Zivkovic from Ajax.

There is indeed however it doesn't look to be somewhere Martinez is taking too seriously. I'd like us to be looking into Kongolo and van Beek from Feyenoord along with Ziyech and some more expensive options a la Kishna, El Ghazi and Zivkovic from Ajax.
Kishna is gonna be boss. Like Clasie too but we're well stocked in that position

Zivkovic looks boss i agree.

Historically, he's always looked to Central America (Ecuador, Costa Rica etc). Wondering if it's something to do with them speaking Spanish? gives him a bit of an edge getting players over when he can speak their language and negotiate with their clubs/Agents directly. Most other Managers (at our 'level') don't have too many foreign languages so stick to European players who will speak some English.

Historically, he's always looked to Central America (Ecuador, Costa Rica etc). Wondering if it's something to do with them speaking Spanish? gives him a bit of an edge getting players over when he can speak their language and negotiate with their clubs/Agents directly. Most other Managers (at our 'level') don't have too many foreign languages so stick to European players who will speak some English.

Historically hes gone to Wigan.

Its a total myth that he gets in Central American players, they probably make up about 2% of his signings.

gibson does get better the longer he's out injured like, our fans version of lucas leiva.

He's a decent passer, but he has serious limitations, and his injuries don't justify his wage.

As good as he can be he isn't worth the hassle anymore, and i'd get rid as soon as possible really.

Yeh Spanish is a big thing he looks at. However I'd imagine 95% of the Dutch league can speak english.

gibson does get better the longer he's out injured like, our fans version of lucas leiva.

He's a decent passer, but he has serious limitations, and his injuries don't justify his wage.

As good as he can be he isn't worth the hassle anymore, and i'd get rid as soon as possible really.

He has the mobility of a tank, hes not mobile enough for the number 6 role and not creative enough for the number 10 role.

He has the mobility of a tank, hes not mobile enough for the number 6 role and not creative enough for the number 10 role.
You can put Barry in the same class almost his age is catching him up one season too far last season 10 bookings as he is so slow!
good footballing brain , but his legs are going so slow!

someone good at maths do the workings out, we pay gibson around 40-50k a week, and he's been here four years, played 55 games in total, So what are we essentially paying out for him over that four years?

Agree mate but even if he was fit, I don't think we'd get a bean for him.

Maybe someone like Norwich might give us 2 mill but I'd be suprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back