Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree mate but even if he was fit, I don't think we'd get a bean for him.

Maybe someone like Norwich might give us 2 mill but I'd be suprised.
i'm not arsed about getting money for him to be honest mate, i just don't like us spending that 40-50k a week on someone who physically can't even play half a season.

I'd rather we bought out whatever is left out of his contract, let him train with us and then let him go somewhere else.

someone good at maths do the workings out, we pay gibson around 40-50k a week, and he's been here four years, played 55 games in total, So what are we essentially paying out for him over that four years?
8.3 million for the 40k/w wages (not including tax deductions), works out at about 150k per game. Forgive me if my maths is s*** never been my strongest point

i'm not arsed about getting money for him to be honest mate, i just don't like us spending that 40-50k a week on someone who physically can't even play half a season.

I'd rather we bought out whatever is left out of his contract, let him train with us and then let him go somewhere else.

I agree with you, it was more aimed at people saying he's our best midfielder when in reality he's not worth a penny.

If someone took him off our hands for free we'd be doing well.

In comparison people we're moaning about cleverley being on the same wage as gibson, who has played 110 games respectively and has done more / scored more than him in a four year period.

And the games he hasn't played are likely because he was on the bench not out injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back