Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
£50k a week ??? Not a chance....maybe half that.
he absolutely is on 40-50k a week here, people don't realise this, he wasn't a cheap wage signing he was just a cheap transfer signing.

granted i think it'll be more the 40k range than the fifty but that's around the perimeter of it

Historically hes gone to Wigan.

Its a total myth that he gets in Central American players, they probably make up about 2% of his signings.

This is his breakdown of transfers at Swansea, Wigan and Everton.
I didn't include any loan deals, only permanent transfers.

Attachments

• martinez.webp
    martinez.webp
    21 KB · Views: 153
he absolutely is on 40-50k a week here, people don't realise this, he wasn't a cheap wage signing he was just a cheap transfer signing.

granted i think it'll be more the 40k range than the fifty but that's around the perimeter of it

Fair enough if true mate, just cant see it.

Fair enough if true mate, just cant see it.
he turned down sunderland before he came to us, for around 35k a week, he didn't really want to leave united, but we offered him a wage he liked so he came.

He's not been cheap, been great when fit but i've seen players who have been absolutely destroyed on here for being injury prone and 'stealing a wage' gibsons essentially doing the same.

he turned down sunderland before he came to us, for around 35k a week, he didn't really want to leave united, but we offered him a wage he liked so he came.

He's not been cheap, been great when fit but i've seen players who have been absolutely destroyed on here for being injury prone and 'stealing a wage' gibsons essentially doing the same.

Not sure how accurate this is :

http://sportsearning.com/tag/darron-gibson-weekly-salary/

But that says £37k a week.

Agree with that except for the: "Great when fit" bit.

He isn't.

This is his breakdown of transfers at Swansea, Wigan and Everton.
I didn't include any loan deals, only permanent transfers.

Now compare it to another manager with the same amount of transfers, pedigree of club and give me the average please.

Excellent work by the way.

Now compare it to another manager with the same amount of transfers, pedigree of club and give me the average please.

Excellent work by the way.

Can't do the comparison right now but will have a look later.
At a guess, I would say his stats are fairly average confederation wise but probably a spike in his home country (due to familiarity with the league).

If you looked at each of those players i would say you'd have a higher than average amount coming from la liga (regardless of language and nationality)... the likes of Kone. But can't really back that up without looking at it more and comparing to other managers.

Can't do the comparison right now but will have a look later.
At a guess, I would say his stats are fairly average confederation wise but probably a spike in his home country (due to familiarity with the league).

If you looked at each of those players i would say you'd have a higher than average amount coming from la liga (regardless of language and nationality)... the likes of Kone. But can't really back that up without looking at it more and comparing to other managers.

I asked cos his African number seemed low, I mean compared to his Americas, would be interested in how his numbers compared to others really.

If we had £15mil available (which if Mirallas does leave then we definitely should with how cheap the Del deal looks like it is going to be) then I'd love us to make a move for Klaassen at Ajax. He'd be perfect for the playmaker role. I can dream.

Yeh Spanish is a big thing he looks at. However I'd imagine 95% of the Dutch league can speak english.
which means they can understand easily every British manager and could sign for anyone
Historically hes gone to Wigan.
Its a total myth that he gets in Central American players, they probably make up about 2% of his signings.
And where do you think he got his players from at Wigan?
mainly Grunts from Scotland and Skills from Central America + Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back