Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't, something fishy going on there....smells like a Trapp.

Agreed

trap.jpg

We should defo be going for Dani Alves.

He's on a free but I'm sure he'd take £23.16 signing on fee because he's made enough out of football and just wants to give something back now. He'd be perfect for us really, loves to attack down the right and gets a titty lip if he's not passed to all the time. He'd bring some much needed Latino flair to our attacking play, he'd be able to pass on so much experience at the top level and it would be vital for Luke Garbutts development.

But the trouble with Alves is he's never been able to defend, and for a defender not being able to defend it can cost you from time to time. He's got no positional sense either and gets caught up field so often because he's LAZY and won't chase back. He's also usless in the air and small, he'd get found out bigtime at the back post if the LAZY sod ever made it back to defend a cross.

PSG though clearly need a rightback and he fits the bill for them, and theres always both Milan looking for star players. They'd want him on the cheap maybe but I reckon we could wring them dry for at least £65m consider his experience and ability to play in teams that win things. Although having said that he'd be perfect for Barca and I could see them being interested in him cause he's mates with Messi and knows a few of their other players, if they came knocking we'd certainly get more than £65m cause Luke Shaw went for £30 and Luke Garbutts better than him.

Just imagine if we got him for nothing and the RS sign Clyne for £20!!! "You sign Clyno we sign Dani Alvo..Dani Alvo" Brillaint! Just imagine this team!

Howard

Alves. Stones. Kompany. Garbutt

Barry. McCarthy

Osman. Cleverley. Walcott.

Barkley.
Lukaku

Best post in the whole sorry thread lol

OSPINA TO TURKEY

Arsenal have agreed to sell goalkeeper David Ospina toFenerbahce for 5.5million euros (£3.9m), according to reports from Turkish media outlet Haberturk.

The Gunners are reportedly closing in on an £11million move for Chelsea stopper Petr Cech, paving the way for Ospina to leave the club.

--

I'd take him if available for that price.

Not sure why this got moved to speculative when the first article that pops up if you Google "Beauvue + Everton" is a Guardian source from April 2015: http://www.theguardian.com/football...guingamp-premier-league-move-everton-west-ham

Because it is (i) from April and (ii) to quote "Everton and West Ham reportedly interested in signing Frenchman" - definitely speculative

To add to this.
Yes, the Guardian's a good source but it's gone very quiet

Also, although our name still gets mentioned occassionally, it looks like if Marseille can agree terms, he's likely to end up there.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/wage-troubles-in-claudio-beauvue-marseille-deal/

http://www.london24.com/sport/footb...club_deny_27_goal_striker_agreement_1_4112757

If a half way decent source relinks us to the lad then fair enough, but you have to draw a line somewhere.

To add to this.
Yes, the Guardian's a good source but it's gone very quiet

Also, although our name still gets mentioned occassionally, it looks like if Marseille can agree terms, he's likely to end up there.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/wage-troubles-in-claudio-beauvue-marseille-deal/

http://www.london24.com/sport/footb...club_deny_27_goal_striker_agreement_1_4112757

If a half way decent source relinks us to the lad then fair enough, but you have to draw a line somewhere.

Okay mate. Wasn't spitting my dummy out, just needed to know.

I think we should sign Vincent Kompany.

The fact City haven't offered him a new contract this month and with Mangala now settled in he's obviously surplus to requirements at City. Plus with all the rumours their looking to spend big this summer I think a word from his cousin David Henen could swing this easy. We'd probably be able to get him for £83.24p and he's settled in the Northwest and wouldn't even need to change his address on his driving licence or anything.

He'd be perfect to partner John Stones, passing on his tips about leadership and professionalism. He's great at marshalling a defence and is a born winner who's bullies forwards into submission. He's also world class in the air, without doubt one of the best defensive headers of the ball in Europe/North Amca.

The trouble is he's injury prone and can't be relied upon and when he is fit he usually drops at least one clanger in pressure matches because he lacks discipline and concentration. Also his distribution is sloppy and he's not a "Martinez type player" and he often does this headless chicken thing and gets caught out of position. He's got a poor disciplinary record as well and often concedes unnessary fouls in dangerious areas as well as picking up red cards.

Arsenal would be all over us with bids for him though as he's ideal for them, he's like the missing ingredient that's stopping them winning the league cup. I am feed up of the links to Barca in the Mail but looking at how much they spent on Vermaelen last season we'd easily get £95m from them when they come knocking, in fact it would probably start a bidding war between all the champions league clubs and I bet City would love a player like Kompany.

If we could just get Kompany in next season we'd be amazing, imagine this..

Howard

Coleman. Stones. Kompany. Garbutt.

Barry. McCarthy.

Barkley.
Lukaku.

I agree fully with that analysis sir.

This thread should definitely not be viewed as the penitentiary for the FIFA quegs, not at all, there's a lot of good work goes on in here.

Those labelling it "Alcatraz for the pissy pant transfer gossip virgins" are bang out of order in my book.

Whoever said that this thread is like a concentration camp for the wannabe ITK/Footie Agents was completely wrong. In many ways I prefer it to the real transfer thread.

We should defo be going for Dani Alves.

He's on a free but I'm sure he'd take £23.16 signing on fee because he's made enough out of football and just wants to give something back now. He'd be perfect for us really, loves to attack down the right and gets a titty lip if he's not passed to all the time. He'd bring some much needed Latino flair to our attacking play, he'd be able to pass on so much experience at the top level and it would be vital for Luke Garbutts development.

But the trouble with Alves is he's never been able to defend, and for a defender not being able to defend it can cost you from time to time. He's got no positional sense either and gets caught up field so often because he's LAZY and won't chase back. He's also usless in the air and small, he'd get found out bigtime at the back post if the LAZY sod ever made it back to defend a cross.

PSG though clearly need a rightback and he fits the bill for them, and theres always both Milan looking for star players. They'd want him on the cheap maybe but I reckon we could wring them dry for at least £65m consider his experience and ability to play in teams that win things. Although having said that he'd be perfect for Barca and I could see them being interested in him cause he's mates with Messi and knows a few of their other players, if they came knocking we'd certainly get more than £65m cause Luke Shaw went for £30 and Luke Garbutts better than him.

Just imagine if we got him for nothing and the RS sign Clyne for £20!!! "You sign Clyno we sign Dani Alvo..Dani Alvo" Brillaint! Just imagine this team!

Howard

Alves. Stones. Kompany. Garbutt

Barry. McCarthy

Barkley.
Lukaku

Gents, see below about taking the p out of folk who want to talk about stuff in here.
Next time you'll be thread banned

For the avoidance of doubt

This thread is for daft rumours, players I'd love to sign but know we won't ...

If anyone comes into this thread mocking posters who want to go off-piste then they'll be thread banned.

Seeing that Man City targeting Wilshere according to Sky. I reckon we might face a bit of trouble holding onto Barkley should they get deterred by Arsenal and Liverpool. They seem dead set on bringing in a young English talent this summer.

I'd be more worried of them coming in for Stones

Since we can't post any rumors unless they've been verified by Martinez in the other thread. Maybe we can have all you wind up merchants banned from this one. Each to his own as they say.

1. See my post above
2. If someone's clearly on a wind up then report them
3. Don't talk bollocks about what the criteria for rumours being acceptable in the other thread is.

Edit : 2 and 3 still apply !

1. See my post above
2. If someone's clearly on a wind up then report them
3. Don't talk bollocks about what the criteria for rumours being acceptable in the other thread is.

Edit : 2 and 3 still apply !

I would like to report Adversus for suggesting I was a wind up merchant when all I was doing was finding something somebody wrote funny. How do I go about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back