Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply play Robles as he was showing glimpses that he could be a decent keeper last season before Howard was wrongly brought back in, by all means buy a keeper for back up but Robles is surely worth a go.

Simply play Robles as he was showing glimpses that he could be a decent keeper last season before Howard was wrongly brought back in, by all means buy a keeper for back up but Robles is surely worth a go.
Think that ship has sailed now. The time to give him a go was last season when he was showing some form and Howard was looking awful. If Martinez didn't show faith in him then I don't think he ever will. That decision still winds me up.

With little depth at center half

Good point. Yeah obviously need an experienced centre half too.

Titus-Brambl.jpg

The lads awful I think people are letting Howard's bad form cloud their judgement of his "replacement" both need punting for me, get £6-7 mil for the pair and get Begovic in with a cheap 2nd choice on a free/loan

Lucky to find anyone to take them on frees let alone get £6-7mil for them...

The lads awful I think people are letting Howard's bad form cloud their judgement of his "replacement" both need punting for me, get £6-7 mil for the pair and get Begovic in with a cheap 2nd choice on a free/loan

I'd be looking at Matthew Ryan the Aussie Keeper at Brugge 23 and with 20 caps so has experience in Europe and internationally, and looks good distribution wise.

Weve been scouting in Belgium so you never know...

Failing that it would be Butland from Stoke or another foreign keeper, someone good will cost £10mil+ and we should spend it.

I'd be looking at Matthew Ryan the Aussie Keeper at Brugge 23 and with 20 caps so has experience in Europe and internationally, and looks good distribution wise.

Weve been scouting in Belgium so you never know...

Failing that it would be Butland from Stoke or another foreign keeper, someone good will cost £10mil+ and we should spend it.

I just want this to happen.

Any keeper is going to be awful if you give them one cup game a month for six months for their first season, and then when they do show some promise and keep 4 clean sheets while the main keeper is out, they are dropped straight away.

Goalkeepers need games more than anyone else.

Apparently, Valencia aren't planning on extending the contract of Pablo Piatti which expires in 2016. If that's the case, I'd imagine they will be looking for a sale over the summer. I'm not sure why they aren't planning on extending his contract as he got 7 goals, 7 assists for them last season in La Liga but it could be down to the fact that they have the money for better. Cruel after he's put a good shift in, but that's the nature of the business I guess.

Anyway, he would be a good addition for us. Only 25, can play LW, RW and AM and also wouldn't be too expensive with his contract situation in mind. A club could drive a great bargain out of Valencia with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back