Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't see why it's such an outlandish call. To me it makes perfect sense yet the argument seems to be but it's Real Madrid.

The same Real Madrid we sold Gravesen to.

But They thought that they were buying Carsley....Part of me thinks/hopes that that rumour is actually true...........it would have actually made more sense at the time

I think he can do a job there. But a midfield of
McCarthy-Barkley
---------Del------
would get destroyed by most teams. Del may well move inside at points, but I think he's better on the right or left cutting inside and linking up that way.
We wouldn't get destroyed with two defensively minded wingers since then McCarthy or even Besic would be able to cope plus I think we can get more defensively out of Barkley. He was pretty good at reading the game and nicking the ball against QPR.

I would however agree that against the better sides I would probably drop Barkley or Deulofeu and replace them with Cleverly.

The problem with Deulofeu on the wing is that it leaves our fullbacks isolated and doesn't allow them to get forward or it means we have to play with two holding midfielders which forces everything wide and teams now know how to stop that.

It won't happen because it will require Martinez to completely change his style but it's just what I would do.

Or even Browning might be going on loan. I highlighted it as an issue last season but in fairness Hibbert did OK. Stones can also play there if we get a really good backup CB although I know that's not ideal.

Ideally Browning goes on loan to a decent side and we get a backup RB in for very cheap or on loan. Wasn't Martinez reported to like Montoya last season?

I'm pretty sure the playmaker will count as one of those wingers though, and the other will be Lennon.

Presuming nobody else leaves, we'd then have:

*playmaker
Lennon
Del
McGeady
Osman
Pienaar

That's 6. Three 'traditional' wingers, two utility players in Ossie and Pienaar, and then the playmaker able to play anywhere behind the front man.

Martinez clearly said "the squad will get smaller". We don't need a huge squad, we just need a few quality additions.

Yeah, it's just that Pienaar is a sick note these days and can't be relied on, and McGeady isn't very good. We'll have depth there, just not much quality.

We need to be keeping Mirallas and adding a playmaker + Lennon, then we're good to go.

So one minute everyone calls out Bobby for square pegs in round holes, now we should be looking at moving our best wingers, kev and delboy into the middle, maybe even pienaar too. Then come december the same people will be moaning bobby hasnt changed. Please remember what happened to ross and Eto'o last year ;)

Why not leave Kev and Delboy out wide in their positions and buy a number 10 ? Keep the new number 10 to battle it out with barkley and osman and have mccarthy, barry, besic and T-Clev (cringe) in the more defensive slots ?

Ideally Browning goes on loan to a decent side and we get a backup RB in for very cheap or on loan. Wasn't Martinez reported to like Montoya last season?

Yeah, it's just that Pienaar is a sick note these days and can't be relied on, and McGeady isn't very good. We'll have depth there, just not much quality.

We need to be keeping Mirallas and adding a playmaker + Lennon, then we're good to go.

Ideally yes. But realistically, I don't think we will. Cleverly can also play left as that player cutting in as well and linking play.

What age is Rooney's son. I betcha he would like his son to see him play for us.

Shame it's not going to happen because by the time he's ready to come back we won't want him. Would take him in a heartbeat this window.

Agreed - but my point is that Lukaku was pictured with Pogba and Depay and instantly linked to UTD.

And?

Both players are rated about the same in terms of money. Kev if anything is the better player now while Cheryshev is younger. Cheryshev is obviously not good enough to make it as a starter for Madrid so at 24 it makes sense to move on. Kev is not good enough to be a starter either but he is good enough to be a squad player there and this will allow him the occasional game at one of the biggest clubs in the world challenging for titles and UCLs.

It's perfect for all concerned. The only fly in the ointment is whether Cheryshev will want to come to us but he might not get another option if Real want the deal to go through.
If you think Real Madrid would want Kev you must be on drugs, never in a million years.

Agreed - but my point is that Lukaku was pictured with Pogba and Depay and instantly linked to UTD.
I know - I just thought of that after reading the article where it mentioned him buying a Gibson shirt for his son.

Life-long Evertonian. Brought his son up watching us. Has more money than sense and we actually have a half decent team. I know there's not much soul left in football but I think I would have come back.

I know - I just thought of that after reading the article where it mentioned him buying a Gibson shirt for his son.

Life-long Evertonian. Brought his son up watching us. Has more money than sense and we actually have a half decent team. I know there's not much soul left in football but I think I would have come back.

I would love my son to get the chance to see him play in an Everton shirt again , left so early and I think now is the right time to return home.

If you think Real Madrid would want Kev you must be on drugs, never in a million years.
Why not?

I know FIFA 15 is just a game but they're rankings especially for players in the major leagues is pretty good. Kev scores 80.

Jesse is only 76 and Denis Cheryshev is only 73 and that's the person we're talking about. It would be a reasonable upgrade for their bench.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back