Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. When you are praised by Franz Beckenbauer, a staunch Bavarian, you know you've got it going on.

The rest of that list I'd agree with, though. None are as good as they think they are yet.
I agree with the rest of the list as well. But DeBruyne, this season anyway, was fantastic. That whole Wolfsburg team was really great this season. I'd be pretty happy reaching into a bag and pulling any of their starting eleven out to play for us.

Indeed. When you are praised by Franz Beckenbauer, a staunch Bavarian, you know you've got it going on.

The rest of that list I'd agree with, though. None are as good as they think they are yet.
They also have Hazard on the other wing. Still makes it hard for Kev to get a start.

Aspiring journo James Reeve tweeted the no 10 We wanted was nolito But we weren't willing to meet the price so giving Barkley more time
I could believe that. We should have bought Nolito last season. Looks like Cleverly is playing left wing.

We still need Lennon and I would perhaps try Deulofeu on the left wing.

I agree which is why I'm having a debate on the likelihood of McCarthy leaving to drop Barkley into his position on the McCarthy thread.

As for Deulofeu. From watching him for both Sevilla and us I think he's better suited to playing in the middle. He certainly has the ability and plays loads of through balls when played there. I'm not however sure it will be this season or whether Martinez sees the same but I personally would like to see.

Lukaku
Cleverly Deulofeu Lennon
? Barkley​
Cleverly and Lennon would provide the defensive cover to allow Baines and Coleman to get forward and Deulofeu could ping the balls into Rom. I also think having both Barkley and Deulofeu as two players who can go past people in the middle would greatly help us open teams up as teams would have to double up on them leaving players out of position. If they didn't double up on them and they beat their man then someone would be drawn out of defence again leaving space for Rom. The problem last season was Rom was out numbered because McCarthy and Barry are both too static with the ball and Barkley is better suited to dribbling past players from further back so the space just wasn't there for Barkley to play the ball into.

It's obviously a formation that depends on how highly you rate Deulofeu so feel free to disagree but I think he's capable of playing that role.

Can Barkley defend? Maybe I missed it when I went to get another cup of coffee, but I've not seen any of this.

Can Barkley defend? Maybe I missed it when I went to get another cup of coffee, but I've not seen any of this.
He was actually OK against QPR when played deeper. Moyes also said he was a fearless tackler before his injury. If he's going to be a top player it's the step I think he needs to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back