Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a game where the ratings are based off the opinion of some bloke down at the pub who gets hired to rate the side...
Bleacher Report is open source journalism, see above.
Pure jarg
Rubbish. I know people who work there. I even did a job interview for them in Vancouver. It's a franchise worth billions. The games industry has gone past the point where it's a few people down the pub pulling random stats from their asses.

As oppossed to what exactly should we use.

"I know a mate who supports them who says he's brilliant." - "I watched him once in some random game and thought he was crap"

Or perhaps we shouldn't have an opinion at all. Frankly I would trust the FIFA ratings more than the view of and I'm sorry to say this but most of the posters on here.

In my order.

The team he belongs to forum, Things like Bleacher Reports on individual players, FIFA ratings, what I hear on forums.

My own view is irrelevant since most of the players that are talked about I haven't seen enough.
Its like saying we should sign such and such a player because they have 5 star skills and 4 star weak foot rating on it. Theres nothing in them ratings apart from guess work by the game developers.

football manager actually has some scouting networks behind it, FIFA has nothing. Both are shocking ways of comparing players

Its like saying we should sign such and such a player because they have 5 star skills and 4 star weak foot rating on it. Theres nothing in them ratings apart from guess work by the game developers.

football manager actually has some scouting networks behind it, FIFA has nothing. Both are shocking ways of comparing players
It's the same guess work that scouts at football teams use using the same kind of people. I would argue that EA actually has more money than any team especially one like ours to employ better people to generate the stats.

It's not 100% because it will always be down to interpretation and individual viewpoints but it's also not totally BS either. It's just another objective viewpoint. To simply ignore it because it's a video game makes as much sense as the opposite which is to totally trust it's ratings. It's just another piece of data.

Football manager has a lot less money behind it than FIFA. I would trust FIFA more.

It's the same guess work that scouts at football teams use using the same kind of people. I would argue that EA actually has more money than any team especially one like ours to employ better people to generate the stats.

It's not 100% because it will always be down to interpretation and individual viewpoints but it's also not totally BS either. It's just another objective viewpoint. To simply ignore it because it's a video game makes as much sense as the opposite which is to totally trust it's ratings. It's just another piece of data.

Football manager has a lot less money behind it than FIFA. I would trust FIFA more.
Arouna Kone is rated higher than half the strikers in the league, does that mean hes better than them all

Konoplyanka could actually be going to Stoke.. We should have been all over that, really rate him part 2.

Would have been the only player we could probably attract who would have been a decent replacement for Mirallas if he left. Stoke are building a decent side I if they get him alongside Bojan and that armatovic lad.

Jealous of this signing tbh great bit of business

Would have been the only player we could probably attract who would have been a decent replacement for Mirallas if he left. Stoke are building a decent side I if they get him alongside Bojan and that armatovic lad.

Jealous of this signing tbh great bit of business
Calling it now - Stoke will finish no higher than eleventh and will be mostly gash.

Vault me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back