Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair it's pretty obvious that Stones and Jagielka will be the main 2 centre backs next season so getting a new super duper centre back was perhaps a little unlikely.

I can live with Dann I think and hey it's not my money. Arsed how much he costs.

To be fair it's pretty obvious that Stones and Jagielka will be the main 2 centre backs next season so getting a new super duper centre back was perhaps a little unlikely.

I can live with Dann I think and hey it's not my money. Arsed how much he costs.
AS a3rd choice CB he has to be one of the better ones that have been touted. EPL experience obviously a big deal.

Is the road im currently walking down.

The £8m figure seems way off to me (Not based on any info).
We've definitely not got that much cash to spend this Summer, its Everton.
I also think his top priority this Summer is a playmaker, so to spend £8m on a backup centre halve doesnt make much sense as our funds are clearly limited.

Scenes when he 'slips' in the derby and Mario slots to win the game.

As long as the moneys not crazy and hes doesnt play derbys i can live with it

If his name was Scott Danilson we would all be ready to windmill welcome a Portuguese gem.

Would be a Solid signing which is a remarkable improvement on Alcaraz and Distin.

The £8m figure seems way off to me (Not based on any info).
We've definitely not got that much cash to spend this Summer, its Everton.
I also think his top priority this Summer is a playmaker, so to spend £8m on a backup centre halve doesnt make much sense as our funds are clearly limited.

Maybe, but a CB, a CM and a winger for just over 10m? Not bad at all, we made pyar coin the last 2 seasons mate, think people will be surprised with how much we spend.

Think if we forget about the price for a minute and simply ask; Would Scott Dann be a good back up to Phil Jagielka and John Stones i think we'd get a decent amount of yes'. Its not our money anyway so price is irrelevant. If we're splashing £8m on a centre half then we've got a decent sized pot.

Maybe, but a CB, a CM and a winger for just over 10m? Not bad at all, we made pyar coin the last 2 seasons mate, think people will be surprised with how much we spend.
Hopefully we're just getting started :-)

We need a good window because there's only so long we'll keep this team together if we don't show ambition. Not being in Europe might even give us a shot at top 4 with another couple of good signings.

Think if we forget about the price for a minute and simply ask; Would Scott Dann be a good back up to Phil Jagielka and John Stones i think we'd get a decent amount of yes'. Its not our money anyway so price is irrelevant. If we're splashing £8m on a centre half then we've got a decent sized pot.
is not the point that the less we spend on a back-up CD, the more Bobby has to spend on a number 10?

is not the point that the less we spend on a back-up CD, the more Bobby has to spend on a number 10?

That brings me to another point i was going to make. Surely the majority of our pot will be going towards a playmaker so that makes this rumoured £8m a little bit unrealistic IMO like.

People are also mentioning that Celtic fella, Van Dijk.

Scott Dann at least had PL experience, and while I know that doesn't make him a world beater, it probably makes him better than a Celtic defender who has no real task facing poor opposition week in week out.

That's not to say VD is a bad player.
Van dijk is too risky plus he needs 1st team football this year to have a chance at the euros. Dann fits the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back