Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

£10m they want apparently.
Get Lucas Neill back ffs. He's better too, haha.

Dann is badly gash.

That Reid would have been a much better option, would only have cost 5m max in January as his contract was expiring end of the season.

So about equal price then.

Which is the better defender? One is an U21 international, one has PL experience.

Depends what Roberto wants doesnt it.

If he wants a long term partner for either Galloway or Stones your choice will probably be Van Dijk.

If he wants a dependable back up to Stones and Jagielka and can help bring through Galloway then its Dann.

Get Lucas Neill back ffs. He's better too, haha.

Dann is badly gash.

That Reid would have been a much better option, would only have cost 5m max in January as his contract was expiring end of the season.

We tried to get Reid in January.
Wanted a straight swap with Distin i think (At the time Reid wasn't signing a new deal)

Think if we forget about the price for a minute and simply ask; Would Scott Dann be a good back up to Phil Jagielka and John Stones i think we'd get a decent amount of yes'. Its not our money anyway so price is irrelevant. If we're splashing £8m on a centre half then we've got a decent sized pot.

Martinez has no need to spend on an "up and coming" CB prospect, especially when he wants to see how his own kids develop. Buying a guy that can be a very serviceable PL CB for 4 years is a no-brainer, and if Dann wants to move to Liverpool for family and gets 4 more years in the PL then it seems like an easy solution for both sides. Not sure I see £8m as the price, but he fits the bill for the player needed.

Martinez has no need to spend on an "up and coming" CB prospect, especially when he wants to see how his own kids develop. Buying a guy that can be a very serviceable PL CB for 4 years is a no-brainer, and if Dann wants to move to Liverpool for family and gets 4 more years in the PL then it seems like an easy solution for both sides. Not sure I see £8m as the price, but he fits the bill for the player needed.

Of course if Stones is off next year and it's Dann + Jags and the kids turn out to be utter turd, it'll be a stick-your-head-in-the-blender window next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back