Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have picked on a specific point when he was trying to make a general point, which I will try to explain better

until rom and ross's situation are sorted, we don't know exactly how much money we have to spend, and therefore are not going to do anything major until we get an idea either way, (if they don't go, I don't think we will spend much)

like saying, I need a new car, ive got £500 quid there to buy one, but I won the lottery last week and my winnings come in in 7-10 days, so do I buy a £500 one now? or wait a week and buy numerous better cars

Well, I guess. But that makes the most sense if you assume (1) incoming players are based on money generated through the sale of outgoing players or (2) incoming players are only replacements for those leaving.

But if the club has cash and a shopping list, I don't see what's stopping them from buying a player like Sigurdsson or Keane or Pickford.

Unless you're saying the club will use the Rom/Ross money to buy higher value players at the same positions instead of Sigurdsson, Keane, or Pickford, but that doesn't necessarily fit with the chatter I've seen*.

*To be fair, most chatter is wham

Well, I guess. But that makes the most sense if you assume (1) incoming players are based on money generated through the sale of outgoing players or (2) incoming players are only replacements for those leaving.

But if the club has cash and a shopping list, I don't see what's stopping them from buying a player like Sigurdsson or Keane or Pickford.

Unless you're saying the club will use the Rom/Ross money to buy higher value players at the same positions instead of Sigurdsson, Keane, or Pickford, but that doesn't necessarily fit with the chatter I've seen*.

Probably :(

I stand by the idea that Rom's future will be decided based on our early transfer activity, he said last summer that Kompany had told him how great it was when City got rich and he showed up one day to be told that they're signing this guy and that guy, he said he was hoping for that with Everton. I think he wants to see if we are serious about investing and challenging for champions league before he decides whether or not to move on.

See, I can't even get my hopes up to be disappointed early. I still believe we'll be disappointed late in the window when none of it materializes, then Rom leaves without a replacement.

Apartment leases mate, for Manchester city centre, thats all i can say

I did write a fairly lengthy reply to that but considering you don't want to say any more I'll leave it there , other than to say that's genuinely raised probably even more puzzlement and questions.

Thanks anyway .

Well we know partially why City have blown everyone out of the water early. They will face a court case on July 3rd at the CAS for approaching an Argentine they signed when he was 15. Could be in a similar boat to Real, Barca, Atletico.

I did write a fairly lengthy reply to that but considering you don't want to say any more I'll leave it there , other than to say that's genuinely raised probably even more puzzlement and questions.

Thanks anyway .

If EFC have leased apartments in Manchester City Centre under the names of players not registered to the club, it's probably more reasonable to assume that Suntan Bob has a side-girl (or whatever the kids are calling it these days) than we've agreed to terms on a transfer for that player.

He's a dud in attacking sense now. Why can't he be the backup if we have option to get a better player. He's a shadow of what he once was. Unless he gets in the team until day he retires because was ace 5 years ago
Thing is who is better that were in with a chance of getting.. Baines played well the last few months of the season at least he didn't have his flip flops on like some others.

Interesting to see the ripple effect this Athletico ban will have. Means they won't sell Greizman and can't buy Sandro and Costa. Which might mean United rather than Chelsea is Rom's more likely destination
Hasn't Greizman got a buyout clause (~£87m) in his contract? If so, Atletico won't be in a position to say no if someone meets that

It could be more a case of, he wants Sigg as he offers something different to Ross, but if Ross goes, he may go for someone totally different that does the part he likes from both players in one, and the Rom side is, if he stays we can get by with backup, if he goes we will probably need 2 similar quality players, rather than backup (another Valencia)

Well, the number 13 shirt is still free and waiting for Mata. Just sayin'

gq-espana-2012-12-08.gif

If EFC have leased apartments in Manchester City Centre under the names of players not registered to the club, it's probably more reasonable to assume that Suntan Bob has a side-girl (or whatever the kids are calling it these days) than we've agreed to terms on a transfer for that player.

I'll answer you mate then mate , It would seem incredibly premature to lease apartments before they've signed what would appear some time before they've signed . Also why would somebody see those documents that wasn't connected with the club ? So if you've seen the documents and are connected with the club who is blaming the 'two individuals ' at the club ? That seems to be the actions of third parties rather than club employees rather but they'd have no reasons to see the lease agreements , in fact I can't think why somebody, not involved but with knowledge about who messed up a deal would see lease agreements .

I'm not having a pop nor saying that ultimately that the information is wrong . It could and I hope will be right , my point is I'm just trying to figure out the potential source of specific info that's all.

Edit : I'm certainly not looking to have a dig at the OP , I hope he's right that's for sure .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back