Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandro Ramirez would be an excellent signing. But whats him to stop signing and just be registered by Atleti in Jan?

In fact he's more likely to fill his international ambitions at a club like them even if he's a squad bench player. For example last season Gameiro last season was on fire and people like Gignac got called up over him in my country there was a big outrage.

He joined Atletico and didn't play as well and got called up.

Would like to see Galloway get a chance, and Deulofeu.
Not sure how likely that'll be, think it depends with some of them who we can bring in first.

Galloway is luke Garbutt the second, I think theres every chance of him falling off a Cliff now he's back here after a poor loan.

Think back to that stoke game where he was ripped apart by Shaqiri, he also didn't impress Koeman last pre season. I think he'll be sold to a lower prem team soon

Well, if we're buying a $35 star attacking player, he isn't a replacement for Ross, so I don't think we have to wait for one thing to happen before we proceed to the next, you know.

I think you have picked on a specific point when he was trying to make a general point, which I will try to explain better

until rom and ross's situation are sorted, we don't know exactly how much money we have to spend, and therefore are not going to do anything major until we get an idea either way, (if they don't go, I don't think we will spend much)

like saying, I need a new car, ive got £500 quid there to buy one, but I won the lottery last week and my winnings come in in 7-10 days, so do I buy a £500 one now? or wait a week and buy numerous better cars

Galloway is luke Garbutt the second, I think theres every chance of him falling off a Cliff now he's back here after a poor loan.

Think back to that stoke game where he was ripped apart by Shaqiri, he also didn't impress Koeman last pre season. I think he'll be sold to a lower prem team soon

He had Arouna Kone playing ahead of him for most of the campaign and did very well under the circumstances.

He played a few times at CB in pre-season and showed he wasn't ready to play in a two. Think he'll be given at least this pre-season first. We were pretty insistent on there been no buy option in his loan, which is why the one to Newcastle fell through. Ironically, a switch to the Championship would probably have been better for him.

Tbf Shaqiri is a player who on his game could rip apart most players nevermind a kid. Everyone has a bad game.
Overall i thought in the games he played for us he was decent, chances are we will need back up for Baines this year too.

I wouldn't expect much movement until the futures of Rom and Ross are clear.

Not even a sell-to-buy thing, but obviously the shopping list and budget change massively. We don't want to spend £15m on a rotation right winger, only to have to sell Ross and realise we should have gone for the £35m star attacker (or similar).

I stand by the idea that Rom's future will be decided based on our early transfer activity, he said last summer that Kompany had told him how great it was when City got rich and he showed up one day to be told that they're signing this guy and that guy, he said he was hoping for that with Everton. I think he wants to see if we are serious about investing and challenging for champions league before he decides whether or not to move on.

He had Arouna Kone playing ahead of him for most of the campaign and did very well under the circumstances.

He played a few times at CB in pre-season and showed he wasn't ready to play in a two. Think he'll be given at least this pre-season first. We were pretty insistent on there been no buy option in his loan, which is why the one to Newcastle fell through. Ironically, a switch to the Championship would probably have been better for him.

He's not good enough to be a CB at top level that's why, I doubt holgate is either. Normally young players are shoehorned onto left or right even in attacking positions see DCL or put into a 3 man midfield (Davies)/ 3 man CB unit-

Really can't see where he lies in this team. Everton inquired about Baba Rahman recently, and if you believed the press we wanted another LB from Germany .. Forgot his name, in an ideal world theyll come in and be first choice over baines and have baines backup and Williams backup cb while we have 2 shiny new cbs. With Kenny and holgate as backup until Coleman comes back. If coleman is not as good we get an upgrade.

In reality we will be signing Cuco and he will be playing majority of games until coleman back just as stek was first choice until injured Baines and Williams will be first choice. Barry is going nowhere as icing on the cake

Tbf Shaqiri is a player who on his game could rip apart most players nevermind a kid. Everyone has a bad game.
Overall i thought in the games he played for us he was decent, chances are we will need back up for Baines this year too.

I'd be getting rid of baines for an upgrade if the price is right

I wouldn't expect much movement until the futures of Rom and Ross are clear.

Not even a sell-to-buy thing, but obviously the shopping list and budget change massively. We don't want to spend £15m on a rotation right winger, only to have to sell Ross and realise we should have gone for the £35m star attacker (or similar).

It is sell to buy, Most clubs are. There's no increase in spending power at Everton. I'd rather we saved the money we have and buy it on good quality rather than blow it like Brewsters Millions because we have a few bob after being skint for years. 15M can get you a great player with the right scouting. 35 M would normally be in the inflated fee bracket

He's not good enough to be a CB at top level that's why, I doubt holgate is either. Normally young players are shoehorned onto left or right even in attacking positions see DCL or put into a 3 man midfield (Davies)/ 3 man CB unit-

Really can't see where he lies in this team. Everton inquired about Baba Rahman recently, and if you believed the press we wanted another LB from Germany .. Forgot his name, in an ideal world theyll come in and be first choice over baines and have baines backup and Williams backup cb while we have 2 shiny new cbs. With Kenny and holgate as backup until Coleman comes back. If coleman is not as good we get an upgrade.

In reality we will be signing Cuco and he will be playing majority of games until coleman back just as stek was first choice until injured Baines and Williams will be first choice. Barry is going nowhere as icing on the cake

He's played one senior game at CB - in pre-season. How you're judging him 'not good enough' is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

You may be right that he does get moved on, but he'll be given a chance first.

And why do you expect Barry to leave? He signed a new deal last term, just can't see him going anywhere when the manager still sees him as useful to the squad (which he is).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back