Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
City are coming off a hugely disappointing season, so they were always going to spend alot of money. United just missed out on their main target, so im curious to see what they are going to do now, i think they are going to sign Perisic soon though LOL.
The more realistic target for you guys would be overtaking Liverpool and Arsenal instead of the Manchester teams and Chelsea and try to build from there, Thorgan would be an excelent start.
Also, Mbappe is not going to Arsenal LOL
12 points better off than under Pellegrini. I don't think it was realistic to win the title with that defence. At times Stones was the only recognised defender. Utd just throw money at it without much of a plan. I still don't see how Utd are playing other than using Pogba to hoof it up to Fellaini and Ibrahimovic. City have Sane and Jesus, and if they add defenders, they and Chelsea will be hard to beat.

Once Lukaku goes, Everton will slip back to the rump of teams who chase 40 points every season and that must be 12 teams now. I think it's very likely Lukaku will end up at Utd as he's one of Riola's boys.

M'Bappe would certainly go to Arsenal. Wenger has huge clout with Monaco and look what he did with Henry.
That was a long time ago. And M'bappe is not going to go to Arsenal. They are not in the Champions League and are in total disarray.

12 points better off than under Pellegrini. I don't think it was realistic to win the title with that defence. At times Stones was the only recognised defender. Utd just throw money at it without much of a plan. I still don't see how Utd are playing other than using Pogba to hoof it up to Fellaini and Ibrahimovic. City have Sane and Jesus, and if they add defenders, they and Chelsea will be hard to beat.

Once Lukaku goes, Everton will slip back to the rump of teams who chase 40 points every season and that must be 12 teams now. I think it's very likely Lukaku will end up at Utd as he's one of Riola's boys.

Yeah, Lukaku to United looks like a genuine possibility now that Costa is staying at Chelsea.
City's season is a disappointment, no doubt about that, they spent a huge amount of money and had the so called "best manager in the world"( my arse), and were pretty much the favorites for the title going into the season, but instead, they crashed out of the CL on the round of 16, and finished what, 25 points behind Chelsea? And still ended the season trophyless, disappointment in every metric possible IMO

Great post Armel thanks. Didnt know he had muscle injuries, those things are a pain in the ass, since they tend to be quite frequent if you are prone to them. I think he was voted the Jupiler league player of the year at Zulte right? I remember that there were some rumours around January that Chelsea wanted to buy him back, but the move didnt materialized. He is more of a number 10 right?

Know he had a buy back clause but don't know the intricacies. Yep he won the best footballer award that year. Yes but you can put him wherever you want in the attacking compartment (also plays a lot AML). Oh another advantage on Eden, this one tracks back.

lollollol

They have just won the fa cup and won 9 of their last 10 premier league games.
Sorry dude, that means jack [Poor language removed], he is not gonna pick them based on an FA cup win, and a 9 game winning run. Arsenal have been underachieving for a LONG time now and this time, they wont even have the CL to offer, he has 0 reason to go there.

Sorry dude, that means jack [Poor language removed], he is not gonna pick them based on an FA cup win, and a 9 game winning run. Arsenal have been underachieving for a LONG time now and this time, they wont even have the CL to offer, he has 0 reason to go there.

ive listed the reasons already ffs.

Utd signed Pogba when they werent in the CL, its not the be all and end all.

Biggest club in London, a manager who has great links to Monaco, proven himself with a similar player (Henry) and a kid he has said he will only leave Monaco to go to a club where he plays.

Im not saying he will go to Arsenal, but there is plenty of reasons why he would
To be honest mate that's not a fair comparison. Pogba was a former united player and desperately wanted to come back, also arguably united are the third biggest club in the world after real and Barca and even without champions league football they are still a pull for the vast majority of players.

Know he had a buy back clause but don't know the intricacies. Yep he won the best footballer award that year. Yes but you can put him wherever you want in the attacking compartment (also plays a lot AML). Oh another advantage on Eden, this one tracks back.
I think its unfair to say that Eden doesnt track back, when Mourinho was our manager, he had a very acceptable work rate IMO, but with a player of Hazard's talent, you want him to focus on the offensive side of his game instead, Mou used to put too much defensive responsibilities on him IMO

To be honest mate that's not a fair comparison. Pogba was a former united player and desperately wanted to come back, also arguably united are the third biggest club in the world after real and Barca and even without champions league football they are still a pull for the vast majority of players.

Pogba was desperate for the £££ not Man utd.

I think its unfair to say that Eden doesnt track back, when Mourinho was our manager, he had a very acceptable work rate IMO, but with a player of Hazard's talent, you want him to focus on the offensive side of his game instead, Mou used to put too much defensive responsibilities on him IMO

Fair comment. I very much dislike Mourinho (the person) and his way of "football".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back