Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same Charlie Austin who netted 18 goals for QPR in the Prem then netted around 10 for southampton this season and would probably be on about 15 had he not been out injured the past 2 months?

Koeman signed him for Southampton and he's a proven scorer in the prem- something we will need unless you want us to spunk all the money on a bunch of Markovic's and Origi's in the hopes of 1 actually proving half decent.

Batshuyai is a quality player but doubt Koeman will look at him. We'll be downgrading from Rom regardless as we can't attract CL quality strikers otherwise Rom wouldn't be looking to leave.

Austin has cheese strings for knee ligaments. If we replaced Lukaku with Austin I will cry.

Personally I'd be very happy to see us replace Rom with Rondon, I think he's a real quality player in a similar mould to Lukaku. You'd want someone younger too though who can challenge for that spot, and god knows who that could be given that Rondon would be hugely overpriced, you're looking 40m minimum given how vital he is to Pulis' side.

Jesus Christ is it april 1st?

Personally I'd be very happy to see us replace Rom with Rondon, I think he's a real quality player in a similar mould to Lukaku. You'd want someone younger too though who can challenge for that spot, and god knows who that could be given that Rondon would be hugely overpriced, you're looking 40m minimum given how vital he is to Pulis' side.

Surely this is a joke? Rondon who hasn't scored for about 12 games in a row n isn't anywhere near Lukakus level.

If we can convince Lukaku to stay I would bring in Rooney for the next season or two. Send back Valencia and sell Niasse. Bring in a striker who scores 10-15 each season - possibly a loan. We also have Lookman. That would be 4 decent strikers.

Midfield - We need to bring in some attacking options. Maybe bring in one AM for Barry - although Rooney could do that role.

We need to bring in a quality CB and maybe a new leftback.

We need a new keeper, but I would like to see Joel start next season.

Rondon has scored 7 goals this season playing for West Brom

With better players to work with he could easily double that IMO

On what basis would moving to a team 1 place higher lead to double his goals? He is 27 and unlikely to get any better. There have only been two seasons in his entire career he's scored more than 11 league goals.

Given West Brom paid 12 for him how much would they want? Then think about whether a lad who can't break the 10 goal barrier in England can really replace Lukaku.

I honestly despair.

The same Charlie Austin who netted 18 goals for QPR in the Prem then netted around 10 for southampton this season and would probably be on about 15 had he not been out injured the past 2 months?

Koeman signed him for Southampton and he's a proven scorer in the prem- something we will need unless you want us to spunk all the money on a bunch of Markovic's and Origi's in the hopes of 1 actually proving half decent.

Batshuyai is a quality player but doubt Koeman will look at him. We'll be downgrading from Rom regardless as we can't attract CL quality strikers otherwise Rom wouldn't be looking to leave.

In two seasons for Southampton he's netted 7 goals. He's 28 I'm the summer. Not a bad punt option for 2 million quid, but let's not kid ourselves he's any better than that after his injuries.

On what basis would moving to a team 1 place higher lead to double his goals? He is 27 and unlikely to get any better. There have only been two seasons in his entire career he's scored more than 11 league goals.

Given West Brom paid 12 for him how much would they want? Then think about whether a lad who can't break the 10 goal barrier in England can really replace Lukaku.

I honestly despair.

He can't replace Lukaku, and I've never said he could

He'll never be Lukaku

But, if we sign him and put some other decent players with him to compliment him then he could maybe get us 10-15 goals

If we've got goals coming from elsewhere on the pitch as well, then that's not the worst outcome

We're not going to get a striker in on the level of Rom, because none of those strikers will want to come to us. Therefore, we need to either get a lesser striker with PL experience and surround him with as much quality as we can, or we need to take a gamble on a lesser known player or one who has excelled in a lower league and hope he can deliver

But we're not replacing Rom

Austin, Rondon, Gabbiandi etc, none of these are Rom replacements

Anyone thinking we'll be able to tempt a comparatively good striker as Rom here needs a hard dose of reality

Maybe in 2-3 years perhaps, but in the meantime we're going to have to either get a less fashionable PL level striker to fill a gap and hope the additional players we sign offset the fact he won't get as many goals as Rom would or we're going to need to take a punt on someone and run the risk of them not being up to it

Not an attractive prospect in either case I concede, but should Rom decide he's on his way we need to pull up our socks and get on with it

Last edited:
Many of you posting regular in here have genuine mental issues. You genuinely believe it works just like a video game and that you, yes fatty YOU, have the scouting answers to Everton's supposed dilemma.

Let that soak in you melts and get out of this thread for your own sake.
Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back