Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Dinamo Zagreb, we have the former Liverpool youth player, Armin Hodžić. Still only 22 but a really good player. He is so unpredictable with and without the ball, very tricky player to defend against. Scores all kind of goals, and very good with his head. Of course the quality of Croatia football to English football is very big, but he has an unusual set of skills so I think he would be a very good option for a Premier League club. I think he would be very good option for Everton. I hear West Ham might be interested.

Whoever we sign as the next striker will be a comparative disappointment, which is unfair on them more than anything else but is a cold hard fact

We'd need to use the Lukaku money not just on a striker but also on quality players elsewhere on the pitch who can help with spreading out the goals

I'm hoping that Walsh has some cracking strikers up his sleeve that he's been keeping for such an occasion

For me it'd depend on where he went, If it's United - don't sell unless they do an agreement prior to sell Rashford to us, for City - Iheanacho, for Chelsea Batshuayi for example, not a swap deal (as they never happen) but a 'gentleman's agreement' that after we sign the one we want we will sell them Luakaku, if they don't agree then tell them to do one.

For what it's worth - we need probably 3 strikers in if he goes this summer and 1-2 if he stays - just if he goes then the calibre of all three has to be top level.

Dolberg i hope is one of them but who knows really, one needs to be explosive as well, as we seriously lack for pace as a team atm

For me it'd depend on where he went, If it's United - don't sell unless they do an agreement prior to sell Rashford to us, for City - Iheanacho, for Chelsea Batshuayi for example, not a swap deal (as they never happen) but a 'gentleman's agreement' that after we sign the one we want we will sell them Luakaku, if they don't agree then tell them to do one.

For what it's worth - we need probably 3 strikers in if he goes this summer and 1-2 if he stays - just if he goes then the calibre of all three has to be top level.

Dolberg i hope is one of them but who knows really, one needs to be explosive as well, as we seriously lack for pace as a team atm

I think you are spot on. It's the mistake Liverpool made re Sanchez/Suarez.

From United I'd say we have any 2 from Rashford/Mata/Martial.

From Chelsea i would want Abrahams as well Batshuyai.

I think this could be as important as scrambling over an extra 10 million quid.

My ideas on the replacement would be Andre Silva, Inaki Williams in a rotating 3, Paco Alcacer on loan with other big additions, Kevin Volland (would best fit the extreme pressing mentality), Jovetic (was never able to prove himself here but is a good player), Lacazette (really won't command or demand what Rom wants but that's pure opinion), if Inter fall away towards the end of the season Icardi but that's a long shot. All I could think of off top.

What is this post.

What is this post.
Another fellow and I were having a discussion. He implied it would be impossible to replace Rom. I disagreed, but didn't want to just disagree for disagreeing's sake so I offered some solutions.

Was it really that hard to follow or are you a Chico multi/minion that thinks no one should ever offer their opinion on signings?

Another fellow and I were having a discussion. He implied it would be impossible to replace Rom. I disagreed, but didn't want to just disagree for disagreeing's sake so I offered some solutions.

Was it really that hard to follow or are you a Chico multi/minion that thinks no one should ever offer their opinion on signings?

Not that just thought you'd type with your erection after playing a few FIFA career mode seasons.

Batshuyai, Lucas Perez, Keane and Sigurdsson if we buy from other teams in the league.

Throw Robertson and a new keeper in there and it is a solid window.

Dembele a risk. Teodorczyk a risk. Dolberg a risk. Any though would be worthwhile if we sign a proven striker alongside them.
Dolberg is ace,And i would quickly get over the disappointment of losing Lukaku if we signed him.

Has to be a ready made player, we'll forever be the 7th place champions of England if we keep signing potential only to see them bugger off for £££ when they develop into the real deal.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...mbele-replacement-Romelu-Lukaku-transfer-news

Guess we'll be inundated with these kind of stories now linking us with all sorts so better get used to it.

On Dembele though, the comparisons with Lukaku seem fair. Scores all different kinds of goals and is as strong as an ox. People will rightly be cautious though with him playing in Scotland, but to be fair he was seen as a big talent at Fulham and many were surprised when Celtic landed him.

That article also mentions Lacazette is another target, why not get both? If Lukaku is sold, signing both Dembele and Lacazette would definitely soften the blow.

They have to get this right.

Max Romero & Latauro Martinez would have us set for a decade. They are playing bit part roles behind Rom and Dembele. Walsh tbf did get Warner in for 7.5mill rising to 14, but I cancelled the transfer- although he did have 17 pace/acc
IRL, Rom has a skillset which is quite unique, but with our style of play we would be better going for a Vardy type, or ideally, the next Suarez (lol Rodriguez, Uruguayan Street footballer- thanks Martinez). Pure pace and endeavour, alongside ruthless finishing. Maybe look for an agile winger who can finish and convert them. Mbappe is too late to get now. (Though I do have him in FM)

I'm actually in bed delirious with Flu so apologies x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back