Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Barry will be moved on, but he is getting on and his game time has already reduced drastically in the past season.

Not saying we will sign Donger but I do think a DM would be wise, if we do move on even 1/2 players.

3 in the middle, 6 to fight for places seems good to me.

We are unlikey to play 3 in the middle, certainly not 3 Defensive minded players, I dunno, I just cant see it, in order for it to make sense we would have to move on at least 2 of the current midfielders we have.

In that holding role, don't think he cn do mate, can't pass the ball well enough to do that schneiderlin role and doesn't have the discipline of Barry or Morgs either to shield the back four, he's boss at pressing and harrying players but no chance he can do what that holding player needs to do in this system

I think you do the boy a disservice.

We are unlikey to play 3 in the middle, certainly not 3 Defensive minded players, I dunno, I just cant see it, in order for it to make sense we would have to move on at least 2 of the current midfielders we have.

We literally play with 3 in thr middle almost every game? Schneids, gana and Davies?

Koeman favourite formation is 4-3-3 too

Nah I like him a lot mate, but he's brilliant at what he does, and that's not being the lad who drops into the back four and starts everything off for us.

Dendoncker by accounts is that type of player, young as well and wouldn't cost too much either - probably a lot less than McCarthy would fetch.

We need a serious option for when schneiderlins out or needs resting, someone who can also play cb as well sounds ideal.

We literally play with 3 in thr middle almost every game? Schneids, gana and Davies?

Koeman favourite formation is 4-3-3 too

Yes, 1 sitter and 2 destroyers, I consider Gana and Davies as number 6s, Davies is the closest thing to a number 8 we have, ive had a little look at this Dongalonga is a real up and downer, he might fit into the system after all.

Im still unsure how Ronny will set us up next season, I know he favoured the 4-3-3 near the end and I think that will be what he goes for, but I think he will go with 2 wingforwards on the wings and 2 sitters, with 1 number 8/10 in the midfield diamond. The actual wingforwards will create the desire for a more defensive midfield and with a ball playing CB to do the fetch and carry role in the midfield it will push the whole team forwards.

But ive said too much.

I think I had a breakdown about us signing a DM when we need Strikers, forgive me.

Ive said myself in the past, we could do with an extra body in the middle of the park, bar Morgs and Gana the quality isnt really there, the boy Tom Tom is still learning the game and will have a few stinkers from time to time, Jamo and Besic sadly cant be relied on and Gaz Baz, well, hes not really the player he was at ALL.

MY desire for that number 8 with magic in his boots grows stronger, Dongalonga looks a very tidy player, but I still dont think we will sign him, for some reason.

Yes, 1 sitter and 2 destroyers, I consider Gana and Davies as number 6s, Davies is the closest thing to a number 8 we have, ive had a little look at this Dongalonga is a real up and downer, he might fit into the system after all.

Im still unsure how Ronny will set us up next season, I know he favoured the 4-3-3 near the end and I think that will be what he goes for, but I think he will go with 2 wingforwards on the wings and 2 sitters, with 1 number 8/10 in the midfield diamond. The actual wingforwards will create the desire for a more defensive midfield and with a ball playing CB to do the fetch and carry role in the midfield it will push the whole team forwards.

But ive said too much.
Decent post.

But ok, this is football

I think I had a breakdown about us signing a DM when we need Strikers, forgive me.

Ive said myself in the past, we could do with an extra body in the middle of the park, bar Morgs and Gana the quality isnt really there, the boy Tom Tom is still learning the game and will have a few stinkers from time to time, Jamo and Besic sadly cant be relied on and Gaz Baz, well, hes not really the player he was at ALL.

MY desire for that number 8 with magic in his boots grows stronger, Dongalonga looks a very tidy player, but I still dont think we will sign him, for some reason.

We probably won't sign him mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back