Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
HANDS UP IF YOU LOVE Everton DESPITE THEM BEING UTTER CLOWNS WHEN IT COMES TO TRANSFERS

o7
lu.gif

All of the above are players we would have been able to sign pre-Moshiri. Smacks of averageness.

I want top players like VVD linked.

We all want top players but what I don't want is that we put our focus on a couple of big buys, fail and try and do a sissoko. All those players are likely to improve us.

In that holding role, don't think he cn do mate, can't pass the ball well enough to do that schneiderlin role and doesn't have the discipline of Barry or Morgs either to shield the back four, he's boss at pressing and harrying players but no chance he can do what that holding player needs to do in this system
absolutely bang on, he is a fitter version of McCarthy

I love the excuses.

Koeman is on holiday.

Player is on holiday.

Window is not open yet.

We don't want to rush, these things take time.

International duty.

Then we sell Barkley and all of a sudden we buy someone and all of the above is irrelevant.

I love the excuses.

Koeman is on holiday.

Player is on holiday.

Window is not open yet.

International duty.

Then we sell Barkley and all of a sudden we buy someone and all of the above is irrelevant.

Think you'll find they're all perfectly legitimate excuses. You can moan when Moshiri Snapchats Jim White in September to say we bid £120m for Neymar.

Any player with the wow factor that is proven quality is going to be out of our reach. More appealing clubs will be all over them, or they'll stay put rather than come here. Examples: VVD, Mata.

Good prospects who could make an impact straight away, but are a slight gamble, we have an outside chance of getting, but there's still a risk of bigger clubs stealing them from under our noses. Examples: Perez, Sandro.

The better youth prospects are achievable only if we are their best offer on the table and we don't mind paying over the odds. Examples: Tielemans, Dolberg, Pickford.

That means unless the transfer God's throw us some good fortune, we are looking at good youth prospects who are a fair bit of a gamble (Lookman), quality players who are out of favour and looking to get their career back on track (Schneiderlin) or bargain basement buys with the potential to step up to a higher level than they are at their current club (Gana). There is a chance of expensive panic buys late in the window (Sissoko) but we even manage to fail at them, to our advantage on that occasion.

Any player with the wow factor that is proven quality is going to be out of our reach. More appealing clubs will be all over them, or they'll stay put rather than come here. Examples: VVD, Mata.

Good prospects who could make an impact straight away, but are a slight gamble, we have an outside chance of getting, but there's still a risk of bigger clubs stealing them from under our noses. Examples: Perez, Sandro.

The better youth prospects are achievable only if we are their best offer on the table and we don't mind paying over the odds. Examples: Tielemans, Dolberg, Pickford.

That means unless the transfer God's throw us some good fortune, we are looking at good youth prospects who are a fair bit of a gamble (Lookman), quality players who are out of favour and looking to get their career back on track (Schneiderlin) or bargain basement buys with the potential to step up to a higher level than they are at their current club (Gana). There is a chance of expensive panic buys late in the window (Sissoko) but we even manage to fail at them, to our advantage on that occasion.

I thought this level of pessimism wouldn't set in until at least July

I love the excuses.

Koeman is on holiday.

Player is on holiday.

Window is not open yet.

International duty.

Still going to the Hammers, right? ITK, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back