Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afaik Arsene stepped in last minute. Can you blame Perez wanting Arsenal over us tho?

The general consensus amongst Arsenal fans is that he's massively underrated and should've started more if not all games this season.

Every single time I've seen him getting play time, he was very very good. I think he hasn't settled in 100% yet, but give him the Europa Qs and preseason, he'd be set for 2017/2018.

For 20-30m he'd be a great signing.

Perez is a good player that just wasn't fancied at Arsenal in the end. Whenever he did get a chance there though he seemed to do well and get goals. I'd take him even though he chose not to come last summer. Arsenal are a top side in our league that were in the CL, why would he not go there over us?

He's a good player that I think would suit us. He's more of a wide forward who plays from the right and likes to cut in and he would of been ideal for us in Koeman's preferred 4-3-3 formation. The quoted £13m valuation on him is reasonable imo.

Before anyone gets carried away with the excitement/booze.
I'd just like to point out that we can't afford anyone on this CL Final pitch, nor would they want to come to us if we could.

Before anyone gets carried away with the excitement/booze.
I'd just like to point out that we can't afford anyone on this CL Final pitch, nor would they want to come to us if we could.
Thank you for that coruscating revelation.
Btw, were you once here under a different name?...your tone sounds familiar

Why do our fans make excuses?

It's like our fanbase trait, angry and excuse makers.

Look last summer we got it totally wrong, we needed to get players in quickly to avoid last summer and at the moment not doesn't look like that happening.

So don't sit here and make excuses for it like "transfer window isn't even open". We are the ones who have to catch up with the 6 teams above us you would think we would be pro-active.

Let's hope the next 2/3 weeks brings in a few faces and let's knock excuse making on the head

Yeah but you need to take into consideration aswell that we won't be fishing in the same talent pool as the teams above us. All those teams will be able to bring in a better level of player than us. Their all in the CL bar Arsenal but they've only dropped out and are still seen as a really good club on the continent and have some top players so will still be able to attract the players. We will struggle to attract them players at this time, it happened with Liverpool last season, their not CL regulars these days and the better players just didn't want to go there last season and we're gonna be in the same boat. But the CL clubs in our league can go out and just get the player dos those players want to be at those clubs.

And another reason things may be slow for us is that the players we want, the likes of Sandro & Keane for example, are wanted by bigger clubs who are in the CL who are interested in them but due to certain circumstances, bans and other players their interested in being priorities, they will be waiting to find out what's happening there and we could be waiting to see if they don't come off and we can go in and get them. Cos let's face it, Sandro by the sounds of it wants to stay in Spain and looks like he wants to hold out for Atl. Madrid and Keane would like to go back to Utd and prove himself but Atletico have a ban and Utd seem to have prioritised the likes of Lindelof or Varane as a CB signing this summer so we may be waiting on the out come of all that before we move on to other targets? It's not ideal I know but if their players we really want and believe can push us on then we will wait as long as poss to see if we can get them.

Yeah but you need to take into consideration aswell that we won't be fishing in the same talent pool as the teams above us. All those teams will be able to bring in a better level of player than us. Their all in the CL bar Arsenal but they've only dropped out and are still seen as a really good club on the continent and have some top players so will still be able to attract the players. We will struggle to attract them players at this time, it happened with Liverpool last season, their not CL regulars these days and the better players just didn't want to go there last season and we're gonna be in the same boat. But the CL clubs in our league can go out and just get the player dos those players want to be at those clubs.

And while I dont think thats entirely the case as we can offer Europa league at least now, this is why Walsh was brought in. If you cant just blindly buy top talent, you can scout it and get it for less. For every 40 million rated player who gets picked up, there will be a 15 million player who by this time next year will be worth 40.

Bet you wouldn't want him for anything near the prices the RS are seemingly going to go to though? Ha

You have to pay premium for top players mate. Salah is a player we should be aiming for. Btw what are they paying... £30mill?

Last edited:

You have to pay premium for top players mate. Salah is a player we should be aiming at. Btw what are they paying... £30mill?
Looks like it, 3x more than they refused to pay 3 seasons ago, wonder how much backlash their board get of the fans for dithering?

You have to pay premium for top players mate. Salah is a player we should be aiming at. Btw what are they paying... £30mill?

haven't even agreed. It could go up to £35m or £40m. I did like him before chelsea, he's another who didn't really flop, just wasn't given a chance. But don't think he's worth that much, there's better value out there and surely he's exactly the same as all the other players they have. They don't need him, makes me laugh so much, constantly making the same mistakes.

And while I dont think thats entirely the case as we can offer Europa league at least now, this is why Walsh was brought in. If you cant just blindly buy top talent, you can scout it and get it for less. For every 40 million rated player who gets picked up, there will be a 15 million player who by this time next year will be worth 40.

But Koeman as already basically said he's looking for players for the now, players in their prime and not for the future. He wants the ready made ones and has already said Walsh is looking to the future with targets but he mainly wants players in their prime that will come in and make a difference from the off and regardless of being in the Europa league, that's gonna be difficult!

Players like the ones City have signed or are after aren't going to turn their backs on City, their millions and CL for us with Europa league are they?! No chance. So even though the Europa league to an extent will help more so than last season when it came to going for players, we still won't be able to bring in the top level players that we would all want and like, that's just the reality of it. And people can talk about money talks etc etc, and sometimes it does but in this day and age now the very top players crave CL and a chance to win trophies more than money!

So we're going to have to be savvy, find players that are good and would improve us that the teams above us or in the CL aren't too sure of?! Or players like Sigurdsson for example that is a good player but the top teams in our league don't see him as being quite good enough for them but he's definitely good enough for us. It's an even bigger summer for us this time round to try and find that required quality that will join us but be able to get enough in and blend them together mould them to turn us in to a better, more competitive team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back