Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also very important that if Lukaku is to be sold, we get our business done first before sanctioning a move.

IF for Example Dembele is the player we want, if Celtic see us getting 70 million for Lukaku, Dembele who we might have got for 30 will suddenly be valued at 50.

Leave him hanging on until the last minute.
Absolutely this. We need to be setting the terms and timeframe for his departure, not him or his walking meatball of an agent.

What a really bizarre way to measure squad age your using, measuring the age not now but in 3 years time to try skew a point

Our central midfield in 3 years time will have an age of 30, 30, 29, 26 and 21.

Wouldn't it have been far easier to just say we have 3-4 players who over the next 1-3 seasons will need to be replaced due to age (Williams, Baines), the rest will be Coleman 31 (still possibly at his best level at that age), Mirallas - 32 - but lets face it just a squad player atm anyway, and Barry and Jagielka who are both in the process of either being replaced already and seeing reduced roles in the team.

What we do have right now is a very small squad

He's been reading too many of my posts ;)

i'd take either benteke or giroud to play alongside rom tbh. If we sold him i'd happily have both of them tbh, but then that would mean we have two fairly similar players who aren't exactly dynamic.

Giroud has some sort of issue that whenever he has his 1 bad game out of 10 good ones, he'll get slated all over the place. He has a very good goalscoring record, in this league too and is nowhere near as bad as "the flop in big games" he get's labelled as - his whole team in general flops, i don't see him missing hatful of chances because they don't do that in big games. Easily be one of the top of my list for a lukaku replacement if we sell in the summer.

The problem is that when he gets into a funk he seems to down tools

On form he can be a monster

I'd actually go as far to say that Andy Carroll is better, but he just can't stay fit

Still think there is a beast there if he was given love and the foundation i think your looking at one of the top strikers in the league, better than Carroll for me who really is just a one dimensional player, Benteke has more variance.

Still think there is a beast there if he was given love and the foundation i think your looking at one of the top strikers in the league, better than Carroll for me who really is just a one dimensional player, Benteke has more variance.

I think Carroll's skill is under rated to be honest

His biggest issue has been staying fit. When he's fit and firing, he can be near unplayable

Benteke's issues are more mental to me, where as with Carroll they're more physical

If you keep Carroll fit then he can be consistently dangerous

Even if Benteke stays fit he can still get in a mood

Both good strikers on their day, but I think Carroll just edges it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back