Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mauricio Lemos pls Walsh. Absolute quality - has one hell of a free kick on him as well. Watching the Las Palmas game tonight, he reminds me a bit of Bonucci.

Jonathan Viera wouldn't look out of place in this side, either.

The same Charlie Austin who netted 18 goals for QPR in the Prem then netted around 10 for southampton this season and would probably be on about 15 had he not been out injured the past 2 months?

Koeman signed him for Southampton and he's a proven scorer in the prem- something we will need unless you want us to spunk all the money on a bunch of Markovic's and Origi's in the hopes of 1 actually proving half decent.

Batshuyai is a quality player but doubt Koeman will look at him. We'll be downgrading from Rom regardless as we can't attract CL quality strikers otherwise Rom wouldn't be looking to leave.

Why do we need a "CL quality striker" and what is one of those?
We don't have one now as Lukaku has never played at that level. Why wouldn't we be able to find another striker at the level Lukaku was what he joined us?

Thing is mate, on that list is a whole lot of junk as well

Difference between a big squad and a squad big and good enough to handle the extra games.

Valencia
Kone
Deulofeu
Mcgeady
Tarashaj
Cleverley
Garbutt
Jagielka

Those will 99% certain to all be gone, either permanently or on loan again.

That brings the 31 players down to 23 straight away.

That comes down to 22 when factoring in Bolasie being out till next year at least.

Galloway, Browning, Lennon have all barely feautured or in galloways case had a failed loan spell - be surprised if any play many more minutes for us.

And that's not counting players such as Barry (age), besic (fitness), mirallas (is he rated by the manager) or McCarthy (maybe wants a move still)

If
4-5 of that final seven I mentioned leave, which isn't a huge stretch of the imagination then were down to 17-18 players,

If it is true, I would agree Rom to leave the team. To re-build a team, we need much money...
I dont think moshiri can invest 50m and even more to the team especially the project of new stadium.
To sell, Rom and even Barkley, we have about 100m and we can bring 5-6 quality to improve the squad and even the bench.

For those that don't think Sigurdsson would work with Ross, that he's some central attacking mid, just want the Swansea match. He's a left sided forward.

'm reading so much about Carroll and Benteke..... No wonder Rom is complaining about ambition. How does anyone see Carroll or Benteke taking us to Champions League is beyond me. Think Koeman and Walsh would have a good laugh reading some of these posts.

The same Benteke that has been keeping rom out of the Belgian first team for a while?

'm reading so much about Carroll and Benteke..... No wonder Rom is complaining about ambition. How does anyone see Carroll or Benteke taking us to Champions League is beyond me. Think Koeman and Walsh would have a good laugh reading some of these posts.

I think those saying that dont know football outside of the Premier League so have no idea what is out there, those players are ok where they are, at clubs 12th and 16th, there level

Lukaku said this club must sign bigger names, better quality players to move the club forward.

How can this club rely on the modern days Dunne and Naysmith to improve the overall quality of the team I never know. Hull have the second worst PL defence and conceded 58 goals up to this moment. And I dislike the suggestion of taking half of the Hull defence to this club. Just no.

I say we hand a blank transfer target list, a blank chequebook and a nice pen to Lukaku and say that we love him very much and he can have whatever we wants and please don't leave us please.

Gylfi has the most assists in the league so far this year, he plays inside left forward just as Ross plays on the right.

We've got to go to lesser teams and just go, I'm having him. That or make outrageous bids for players like Rodriguez who don't always start for big teams like Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back