Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with money available I believe we will still look after bargains to allow us to then buy few players for big money. Instead of Pickford I think we could try to look into signing Timo Horn. Release clause €9m expiring in the end of May. Could be ideal to compete for a place with Joel. Charlie Taylor is going to be available just for developmental fee. Could be a decent backup for Baines, similar type of cheap signing like Spurs did with Trippier. Rachid Ghezzal is going to be available for free. May not be the worst idea to sign him and then just sell Lennon or Mirallas. Or who knows - Yaya Toure? He apparently wants to stay in the area, may be an option to get him here for a season or two. Winner. But we likely don't even need him.

Then we buy two quality centre halfs like Keane and Gimenez, an exciting CM like Tielemans, a playmaker like Sigurdsson and two strikers like Rooney and Nicolai Jorgensen.

My idea is a squad like this for the next year: Joel/Horn/Stek - Coleman/Holgate, Keane/Williams, Gimenez/Jagielka, Baines/Taylor - Schneiderlin/Barry/Besic, Gana/Tielemans - Barkley/Ghezzal, Davies/Rooney, Sigurdsson/Bolasie/Lookman - Lukaku/Schick/DCL

IN
Timo Horn - 8m (his release clause)
Charlie Taylor - 5m (tribunal fee)
Rachid Ghezzal - free
Michael Keane - 25m (only one year left from his contract)
Jose Gimenez - 30m (only one year left from his contract)
Youri Tielemans - 30m
Gylfi Sigurdsson - 30m
Wayne Rooney - free (United will happily let him go just to get him off the books)
Patrik Schick - 22m (his release clause)
TOTAL = 150m

OUT
James McCarthy - 20m
Ramiro Funes Mori - 15m
Kevin Mirallas - 10m
Tom Cleverley - 8m
Oumar Niasse - 10m
Gerard Deulofeu - 20m
Aaron Lennon - 3m
Aiden McGeady - 1m
Shani Tarashaj - 1m
Luke Garbutt - 1m
Conor Grant - 1m
TOTAL = 90m

NET SPEND = +60m

Last edited:
Defoe will be leaving Sunderland this summer if they're relegated - any takers?

Would be a very good option to have in the squad imo.

Even with money available I believe we will still look after bargains to allow us to then buy few players for big money. Instead of Pickford I think we could try to look into signing Timo Horn. Release clause €9m expiring in the end of May. Could be ideal to compete for a place with Joel. Charlie Taylor is going to be available just for developmental fee. Could be a decent backup for Baines, similar type of cheap signing like Spurs did with Trippier. Rachid Ghezzal is going to be available for free. May not be the worst idea to sign him and then just sell Lennon or Mirallas. Or who knows - Yaya Toure? He apparently wants to stay in the area, may be an option to get him here for a season or two. Winner. But we likely don't even need him.

Then we buy two quality centre halfs like Keane and Gimenez, an exciting CM like Tielemans, a playmaker like Sigurdsson and two strikers like Rooney and Nicolai Jorgensen.

My idea is a squad like this for the next year: Joel/Horn/Stek - Coleman/Holgate, Keane/Williams, Gimenez/Jagielka, Baines/Taylor - Schneiderlin/Barry/Besic, Gana/Tielemans - Barkley/Ghezzal, Davies/Rooney, Sigurdsson/Bolasie/Lookman - Lukaku/Schick/DCL

IN
Timo Horn - 8m (his release clause)
Charlie Taylor - 5m (tribunal fee)
Rachid Ghezzal - free
Michael Keane - 25m (only one year left from his contract)
Jose Gimenez - 30m (only one year left from his contract)
Youri Tielemans - 30m
Gylfi Sigurdsson - 30m
Wayne Rooney - free (United will happily let him go just to get him off the books)
Patrik Schick - 22m (his release clause)
TOTAL = 150m

OUT
James McCarthy - 20m
Ramiro Funes Mori - 15m
Kevin Mirallas - 10m
Tom Cleverley - 8m
Oumar Niasse - 10m
Gerard Deulofeu - 20m
Aaron Lennon - 3m
Aiden McGeady - 1m
Shani Tarashaj - 1m
Luke Garbutt - 1m
Conor Grant - 1m
TOTAL = 90m

NET SPEND = +60m

These moves are all plausible and would make a fantastic window.

The josh king shouts can take a swerve you Fifa playing geeks

Sorry mate, never played FIFA in my life, I just think he has pace, knows where the net is and can hold the ball up, plus we'd have a King back at Goodison.
However as he's English he'd probably cost a fortune.

This is a big if, but IF we were to finish 4th, with Arsenal below us and got CL (do one, Leicester), what about Ozil?

Nope just not good enough.
Lanzini is certainly the type of player we need. I'm keeping my eye on him at the moment and have been quite impressed surprisingly. See how he does between now and end of season. I think he may be lacking in end product though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back