Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
'm reading so much about Carroll and Benteke..... No wonder Rom is complaining about ambition. How does anyone see Carroll or Benteke taking us to Champions League is beyond me. Think Koeman and Walsh would have a good laugh reading some of these posts.

Benteke had a 1 in 2 record over 3 seasons for Aston Villa.

If it was that laughable a suggestion then Liverpool would never have signed him.

He may be a risk but he's a player who's attainable and with good players around him has a good chance of scoring a lot of goals. He did it at an unfancied Villa for 3 seasons. You don't do that if you haven't got something about you.

I can understand you maybe not rating him but saying Walsh and Koeman would be laughing at the suggestion of signing someone who had a 1 in 2 record in the premier league over 3 seasons, with a team worse than us is stupid.

Agree about Andy Carroll though.

Sorry mate, never played FIFA in my life, I just think he has pace, knows where the net is and can hold the ball up, plus we'd have a King back at Goodison.
However as he's English he'd probably cost a fortune.
Think you'll find he's Norwegian mate. That should bring the price down a bit.

I quite like him too by the way.

A few peeps saying pep will be having a big clearout at the emptyhad
Any thoughts on realistic shouts we could take from them if any ?

What benefit would we hey from selling stek and Barry? We'd get hardly any money for them, much more useful to us as squad players. Same goes to Lennon as well, but I think he may want to move.
Only upside would be freeing up wages, but even then can't imagine either is on huge money, think especially Barry is a good squad player to keep around.

Benteke had a 1 in 2 record over 3 seasons for Aston Villa.

If it was that laughable a suggestion then Liverpool would never have signed him.

He may be a risk but he's a player who's attainable and with good players around him has a good chance of scoring a lot of goals. He did it at an unfancied Villa for 3 seasons. You don't do that if you haven't got something about you.

I can understand you maybe not rating him but saying Walsh and Koeman would be laughing at the suggestion of signing someone who had a 1 in 2 record in the premier league over 3 seasons, with a team worse than us is stupid.

Agree about Andy Carroll though.

There is a theory he wouldn't return from a bad injury he had at villa, but he did come back and still slotted, thought he'd do a lot better at palace tbh, then again, I thought they'd finished 8th or 9th.

Keane, Manolas, Leno and Rodriguez (Wolfsburg LB) are for me the sort of targets we should be targetting at the back.
Wouldn't argue with any of them from a quality point of view. How many we could attract this summer I'm not too sure but can't question they're the standard of player we should be after.

Rodriguez would also solve our set piece needs.

There is a theory he wouldn't return from a bad injury he had at villa, but he did come back and still slotted, thought he'd do a lot better at palace tbh, then again, I thought they'd finished 8th or 9th.

Mind you, he's still 1 in 3 at Palace, which considering how they've struggled this season is a pretty decent return.

Palace would want big money if we went for him though, so I find him an unlikely target. I think he'd be worth a gamble at the right price though.

Batshuayi is the player I reckon we should go for, if it's someone from the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back