Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine what a Mikey Fitz first 11 would look like, lets see if we can fill in the blanks :

????
??? - VVD - Duffy - Brady
Scott Brown - ???
???- McEleny - Patrick Roberts
Griffith​

What are you on about?

I have no love for Scott Brown

My 11 would be (I think)

Butland
Zabaletta, van Dijk, Duffy, Tierney
Roberts, wanyama, Loftus-Cheek, Brady
Honda/Mata
Griffiths/Defoe

I've advocated all of these players at some point

I know the bedwetters say we aren't allowed excuses but at the minute I can't see how on earth we can compete.

We can't get actual players we like as they go to champions league teams.

It's impossible isn't it?

Almost have to buy players who might turn into something rather than the real deals. Which in itself is risky.

Andre Gray please be actually Lacazette.

That's what Monaco have done and they've just got into the CL semi finals and won the league doing it.

If Walsh is all he's made out to be he'll find us those sorts of players. If we're having to splash silly money to get established players then Walsh isn't really doing his job.

I know the bedwetters say we aren't allowed excuses but at the minute I can't see how on earth we can compete.

Almost have to buy players who might turn into something rather than the real deals. Which in itself is risky.

Either we overpay or flounder.

50m and 200k per week, for a player coming back from a serious ankle injury.

If he doesn't come back the same, then fsg will never sanction any big deal like that again.

Still reckon their gonna sell coutinho as Well late window to finance this. Can't see all those players with the new contracts being best pleased at a saints cb coming in on 50k+ per week more either.

People panicking as if this will fix Liverpool's defence are daft, managers and systems matter more than individuals, klopps system is always gonna ship loads of goals.

Look at the end of the day we can't compete with the big boys still and won't be able to until we move stadium and get sold on deal with it. As stated above we need to buy youth and potential. Unfortunately that takes time etc... our manager won't be waiting around for that so we are at a cross roads what do we do? All I'll say is I hope we don't buy anymore Ashley Williams and Yannick Bolasies

I mean it's no different than what Tottenham have gone through trying to break into that too four. It took them a long time to get the right group of players together. There was a lot of two steps forward one step back windows from them with selling Modric and Bale. They were still losing on first choice targets like Willian to Chelsea despite offering similar wages and being in London. This is the reality of it. There's no overnight success anymore and whatever riches we have are not enough to propel us to the top immediately, it's just steadied the ship.

At least now we should be able to afford taking some gambles whereas things were so bad before that our options were severely limited. Now they're just limited.

It's going to be picking up players like Schneiderlin deemed not to be good enough incorrectly who represent good value for money and gambles like Gueye and Lookman moving forward until we possibly get to that level of being able to expect us to follow through with our first choice signing.

Welcome to modern football. It's a bit crap.

Either we overpay or flounder.

Even overpaying won't do it though will it?

As a total example, Van Dijk, he wants to play champions league football and will get £200k a week wherever he ends up.

We won't pay more than that, and even if we did I think he'd choose the CL team.

I mean it's no different than what Tottenham have gone through trying to break into that too four. It took them a long time to get the right group of players together. There was a lot of two steps forward one step back windows from them with selling Modric and Bale. They were still losing on first choice targets like Willian to Chelsea despite offering similar wages and being in London. This is the reality of it. There's no overnight success anymore and whatever riches we have are not enough to propel us to the top immediately, it's just steadied the ship.

At least now we should be able to afford taking some gambles whereas things were so bad before that our options were severely limited. Now they're just limited.

It's going to be picking up players like Schneiderlin deemed not to be good enough incorrectly who represent good value for money and gambles like Gueye and Lookman moving forward until we possibly get to that level of being able to expect us to follow through with our first choice signing.

Welcome to modern football. It's a bit crap.

I'm losing patience real early Jako.

Gotta remember the season has not long finished - there's still loads of time left to sort ourselves out for next season.

I know it's frustrating seeing the kopites et al linked with every 'big' player under the sun atm but that's simply what the media like to spin. Reckon we'll be alright.

Even overpaying won't do it though will it?

As a total example, Van Dijk, he wants to play champions league football and will get £200k a week wherever he ends up.

We won't pay more than that, and even if we did I think he'd choose the CL team.

It worked for City. I just don't think our resources are close to as good as was first hinted.

I expect phantom bidding to recommence next month and then a few kids and a couple of Walsh randomers.

Gotta remember the season has not long finished - there's still loads of time left to sort ourselves out for next season.

I know it's frustrating seeing the kopites et al linked with every 'big' player under the sun atm but that's simply what the media like to spin. Reckon we'll be alright.

Hope so mate.

You're right of course. Best to wait and see what happens.

We will definitely do some stuff. What stuff that is I have no flaming idea.

It worked for City. I just don't think our resources are close to as good as was first hinted.

I expect phantom bidding to recommence next month and then a few kids and a couple of Walsh randomers.

Reckon it's a number of things. Moshiri is minted.

Whether he wants to spend as much as he can on us, bar the stadium, which I am still confident on, I'm not so sure.

Then there's other factors like Kenwright and Elstone. I just can't trust them to do the right thing all the time.

And I honestly feel not all players are arsed about the biggest wedge anymore. They earn loads no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back