Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worked for City. I just don't think our resources are close to as good as was first hinted.

I expect phantom bidding to recommence next month and then a few kids and a couple of Walsh randomers.

I think we would have been happy if we hadn't been fed this continuous lie we have loads of cashing burning a hole in our pocket.

After Kenwright I would have settled for a man with a plan but we got fed lies of war chests etc....

Seriously Everton make a rod of their own back.

False hope is a bad thing

It worked for City. I just don't think our resources are close to as good as was first hinted.

I expect phantom bidding to recommence next month and then a few kids and a couple of Walsh randomers.

Our resources are miles off City's mate.

Our resources are miles off City's mate.

Meanwhile, over at Bluemoon :

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Where is this myth VVD come from, seriously?

We spent £50m on Stones last year, and VVD isn't fit to wipe his backside.

And it's even more of an insult he is being mentioned as the only alternative to someone like a Bonucci.

I'd even take that coward Boateng back ahead of VVD.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/virgil-van-dijk.325482/page-168

My favourite comment :

Txiki making another fine mess of out transfer targets, another one bites the dust. Pull your finger out Txiki!.

Our problem is stalling on transfers. Whether this is partly because of the relationship between Koeman and Walsh I don't know.

The issue is in sufficiently identifying what we need and bidding the right amount early. In a world where Spurs throw 30m at Sissoko on deadline day and hardly used him all season - says it all about the current market.

And to bring it back to us, take three linked players - Pickford, Keane, Sigurdsson. Each tick enough boxes that would warrant a combined fee of around 70m. It seems a lot but that's the going rate for just one top player. Sure, don't overpay, but don't bother wasting time negotiating the lowest possible fee either.

We really shouldn't be getting priced out of players like Pickford, Keane and Sigurdsson. Otherwise the gulf between us and the top 6 is bigger than we thought.

I'm losing patience real early Jako.

I don't blame you for it. It does hurt a bit to know that I let myself get sucked into some very uncharacteristic Evertonian optimism last summer but that first window said it all for the time being.

I wanted to believe the things I read about us being able to challenge anyone for players and whatnot but reality has set in.

The reality is we are chasing the pack, and will be for the foreseeable future unless everything comes together. Before the takeover I followed our accounts closely because things were not looking good. The gaps between us and the top were growing and the crowd behind us was catching up. The takeover has at least stopped is from stagnating but we are kidding ourselves if we think any massive improvements are guaranteed as a result of Moshiri's involvement. He's come in and helped alleviate the pressure and give us a plan to move forward, but that plan isn't realized yet.

Before the takeover we were looking at real problems with being able to finance a new stadium. We were massively behind the rest in terms of commercial revenue and had to real means to increase it with the kitbag deal and no plausible way to increase attendance and match day revenue. Getting these sponsorship deals and the new stadium just puts us closer to the top teams but it won't be enough to put us on their level, and that's after the stadium is built.

So financially we cannot compete with the teams above us, it's that simple and it is a money game now. Like others I logged on at some point and seen the Witsel and Mata shouts and let my head runaway in fantasy. At the close of that window I knew what to expect moving forward, we are going to try to get players to improve us but if it becomes a competition between us and someone else then money alone might not be enough to persuade them to join especially when we don't have such a proportional financial gap between us and the teams behind us as the teams in front us have with us.

I hate to say it but it's going to be slow and steady until that stadium is built and bumps our revenue up, but by the time that happens It's or City may have already stuck another billion on their valuation.

At least now we should be able to afford to spend more on top of sales, which if we weren't taken over we would be forced into sales to stay afloat. That means more gambles, better quality gambles, which should hopefully work out to some big pay offs. The takeover as given us more room to maneuver but realistically it hasn't done much more than that yet.

I think we would have been happy if we hadn't been fed this continuous lie we have loads of cashing burning a hole in our pocket.

After Kenwright I would have settled for a man with a plan but we got fed lies of war chests etc....

Seriously Everton make a rod of their own back.

False hope is a bad thing

Even if the war chest was true,I don't think it was ever going to stretch to £60m defenders.And even then it doesn't guarantee success.

Football has gone mad.

It worked for city because those bloody FFP rules were not in place when they started. You can't get away with making a loss like that anymore.

Not only that but CITY's proportional purchasing power was a lot higher than ours is now. They could match anyone for wages and fee even then, we can't do that today we are not CITY rich.

I definitely think they've been feeding false expectations to the fans with what they've said because I haven't seen us make any 60 million bids reported publicly despite what Moshiri texts that yellow tie wearing bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back