Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our problem is stalling on transfers. Whether this is partly because of the relationship between Koeman and Walsh I don't know.

The issue is in sufficiently identifying what we need and bidding the right amount early. In a world where Spurs throw 30m at Sissoko on deadline day and hardly used him all season - says it all about the current market.

And to bring it back to us, take three linked players - Pickford, Keane, Sigurdsson. Each tick enough boxes that would warrant a combined fee of around 70m. It seems a lot but that's the going rate for just one top player. Sure, don't overpay, but don't bother wasting time negotiating the lowest possible fee either.

We really shouldn't be getting priced out of players like Pickford, Keane and Sigurdsson. Otherwise the gulf between us and the top 6 is bigger than we thought.

Koeman and Walsh get along just fine.

Our 'issues' (which as it stands aren't issues) have nothing to do with us 'stalling' on deals.

It possibly has a lot to do with us failing to get certain deals over the line at certain points... But there's literally no evidence to suggest that we're getting 'priced out' of any deals.

just hope they get some early business done

When does "early" finish, though? Given that we start the season a lot earlier than most, for me "early" was the last 2 weeks. The tumbleweed that is our transfer policy suggests no urgency from our transfer gurus, unfortunately. I am beginning to suspect we will have to satisfy ourselves with a new stadium, rather than signing boss players.

So we're not active because players, agents, RK are on holidays
But clearly loads of other people aren't on holidays , like our neighbours

It worked for city because those bloody FFP rules were not in place when they started. You can't get away with making a loss like that anymore.

Not only that but CITY's proportional purchasing power was a lot higher than ours is now. They could match anyone for wages and fee even then, we can't do that today we are not CITY rich.

I definitely think they've been feeding false expectations to the fans with what they've said because I haven't seen us make any 60 million bids reported publicly despite what Moshiri texts that yellow tie wearing bell.

It also worked for City cos it was a completely different landscape and their owners are much richer than Moshiri.

If that lot sign VVD and Salah early doors then I truly despair for Everton.

Just once I'd like us to do some decent business early on, is that too much to ask?

Maybe too much for our board mate! But they are improving and start to sign someone concretely around the corner like......Martino, Josh B.....

Them lot getting VVD would be frustrating.

We need to avoid a window like last summer and actually get these players signed up.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...oeman-everton-summer-transfers-early-12990479

Everton will return to pre-season training on July 3 - and Ronald Koeman hopes to complete his transfer business early this summer.

But the Blues boss says he is braced to have to wait until the end of the window to ensure he assembles the squad he wants.

He said: “Always it is the best, but sometimes it is difficult, it’s all about clubs are playing until end season you have international break until June 13-14, our start of pre-season is July 3, that’s the best, but it’s not what normally happens.

"Last summer, I think several teams also had that problem again, when the Premier League starts 13-14 August, it is still not the team that will start one month later.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rton-s-Koeman-doesn-t-final-say-signings.html

Everton manager Ronald Koeman admits he doesn't have full control over player signings at Goodison Park
  • Steve Walsh joined Everton as a director of football from Leicester in July
  • Ronald Koeman said Walsh's role at Goodison Park is for the 'long term'
  • The Dutchman summarized his role at Everton as 'to win every weekend'
'Full control, no, I cannot control all the players I want,' Koeman said

'We speak about the players who will make the team stronger. Last week I said we need more players and more scoring players than we have right now.'

He continued: 'Always the position of the manager is not long term, because most of the time football changes. What happened to Wenger and Ferguson is an exception.

'And that's why I like Steve (Walsh's) function in the club. He is for the long term and sometimes he is looking for young players who are not first-team players.'

Koeman says his primary role at the club is to coach the team at matches. 'Of course, we need to have agreement but we know exactly what we like and what we need for the first team.'

Them lot getting VVD would be frustrating.

We need to avoid a window like last summer and actually get these players signed up.

'these players'

Deco mate, we never stood a chance of getting VVD this summer - wherever he ends up.

We'll have our targets, we'll work to get them in - hopefully sooner rather than later (and questions should be asked if that doesn't happen).

But at the moment we have a month until pre-season starts. We've got plenty of time and there's nothing to say we won't get the deals done.

Gotta remember the season has not long finished - there's still loads of time left to sort ourselves out for next season.

This is sound and all but we had nothing to play for in the last few weeks of the season. Surely we could have started to make moves on players to get ourselves set and to also prove to Rom and Ross that we're looking to step up. Other teams seem to have an idea of who they want immediately, while we wait and wait for all the good players to go, and then we pick up the dregs.

It's [Poor language removed].

Even if the war chest was true,I don't think it was ever going to stretch to £60m defenders.And even then it doesn't guarantee success.

Football has gone mad.
So why does Morshiri claim it can?

Seriously PR at our club is awful.

Even overpaying won't do it though will it?

As a total example, Van Dijk, he wants to play champions league football and will get £200k a week wherever he ends up.

We won't pay more than that, and even if we did I think he'd choose the CL team.

Thing is though mate, VVD is already massively overpriced and will be getting a wage beyond what he's worth, he's a long way short of being the best defender in football and the costliest one ever.

He's just become another flavour of the month - is he the best cb in the league? Is he any better than numerous other cbs in Europe who haven't had the same attention

He's a marquee statement type signing more due to his reputation than his ability.

Very good player, but also very overhyped at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back