Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why does Morshiri claim it can?

Seriously PR at our club is awful.

“The boy wanted to go. [Roberto] Martinez had promised him that he would go the following year. I still didn’t let him go until the manager said he could go. At the end of the day, I do what the manager wants. What is £47.5million? We tried to buy [Kalidou] Koulibaly from Napoli and they wanted £60million. Every defender in Europe now is £50million. It is just monopoly money, it doesn’t mean anything. We competed with Chelsea, we went right to the asking price, but the club didn’t sell – neither to us or to Chelsea. The manager had seven names, and four of those we got. He wanted a box-to-box midfielder and we matched [Moussa] Sissoko's asking price and actually paid more [than Tottenham] and all the terms were agreed and just before midnight we realised he had changed his mind. Lucas Perez was all ready to sign and Arsenal took him from us at the last minute."
Read more at http://talksport.com/football/farha...er-ronald-koeman-and-more#FwzEZqa1tQ6mxvvE.99

This is sound and all but we had nothing to play for in the last few weeks of the season. Surely we could have started to make moves on players to get ourselves set and to also prove to Rom and Ross that we're looking to step up. Other teams seem to have an idea of who they want immediately, while we wait and wait for all the good players to go, and then we pick up the dregs.

It's [Poor language removed].
Well what's Walsh been doing for the last 10-12 months? Hardly sitting on his hands, I'm sure..

I'm confident we have a number of targets identified and contact with the relevant parties has been made. Let's face it though, it was never going to be straightforward for us was it?

Well what's Walsh been doing for the last 10-12 months? Hardly sitting on his hands, I'm sure..

I'm confident we have a number of targets identified and contact with the relevant parties has been made. Let's face it though, it was never going to be straightforward for us was it?

Hope you're right mate. It's hard to be optimistic about Everton transfers after some of the dross we've had to put up with lol

'these players'

Deco mate, we never stood a chance of getting VVD this summer - wherever he ends up.

We'll have our targets, we'll work to get them in - hopefully sooner rather than later (and questions should be asked if that doesn't happen).

But at the moment we have a month until pre-season starts. We've got plenty of time and there's nothing to say we won't get the deals done.

No doubt it's very early days mate but until something big happens it's hard to look past the issues we've had with signing players up.

State of the fume as usual with VVD possibly going to lpool. Was never coming here to play Thursday night football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back