Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the people stating they wouldn't like us to pay over the odds for players and offer them silly wages, how on earth are we ever going to compete otherwise?

Chelsea and City done exactly that til they became CL regulars then could attract players based on their name. Obviously Moshiri doesn't have that sort of money but in that case him and Kenwright should shut up mouthing off to the media and Talksport about getting the manager anyone he wants, bidding £60 million for Koulibaly etc.

Either put up or shut up.

Exactly this!.

Credit to RS for stumping up. That is some statement and goes along way towards addressing a major weakness aerially at the back.
I'm just jealous of the fact, they have nailed their top transfer target. By all accounts klopp was instrumental in persuading van djik to commit to Liverpool instead of city (wrongly in my opinion). Compare it to our situation, whereby koeman is off on his hols, who is personally negotiating on our behalf to try and get transfer deals over the line.

Thing is though surely offering £200k to the likes of VVD is going to set a precedent that you imagine we wouldn't be able to sustain right now, even when inevitably he goes to a CL club offering the same. You could appreciate the intent, sure, but I still think it's unrealistic that we'd ever consider offering close to that for VVD, or any other player who's reputation supersedes his ability.

It's always a risk. VVD was just an example. Let's turn our heads to Keane now and pay him more than other teams can offer him (if we really do have the money). He's an amazing prospect, already is an amazing player and I can't see why can't we once "overpay" someone. F**** being cheap asses, I thought that's already behind us. Get the money out and we'll see results. It is sad, but that's modern football for ya.

For all the people stating they wouldn't like us to pay over the odds for players and offer them silly wages, how on earth are we ever going to compete otherwise?

Chelsea and City done exactly that til they became CL regulars then could attract players based on their name. Obviously Moshiri doesn't have that sort of money but in that case him and Kenwright should shut up mouthing off to the media and Talksport about getting the manager anyone he wants, bidding £60 million for Koulibaly etc.

Either put up or shut up.

FFP kind of ruins any chance of doing what Chelsea and City did, even if Moshiri was prepared to put the funds in.

Totally agree about the media, talksport stuff though. Why has the club been talking up our financial clout if we don't have the ability to spend anywhere near that level.

I guess we'll find out by the end of this window how much clout we do have, I'm not optimistic though. The fact Koeman had to make a fuss to get the board to sign Schneiderlin makes me wonder if the Koulibably bid was made, knowing they wouldn't accept it.

The thing I don't get though, is why is Moshiri acting how he is if he knows he can't back it up because he'll just end up losing credibility and looking bad to the supporters.

FFP kind of ruins any chance of doing what Chelsea and City did, even if Moshiri was prepared to put the funds in.

Totally agree about the media, talksport stuff though. Why has the club been talking up our financial clout if we don't have the ability to spend anywhere near that level.

I guess we'll find out by the end of this window how much clout we do have, I'm not optimistic though. The fact Koeman had to make a fuss to get the board to sign Schneiderlin makes me wonder if the Koulibably bid was made, knowing they wouldn't accept it.

The thing I don't get though, is why is Moshiri acting how he is if he knows he can't back it up because he'll just end up losing credibility and looking bad to the supporters.

I honestly think FFP could be got around if the club was savvy enough. City have done it for years at worst it'll be a big fine and possible 1 window transfer embargo which as we've just seen with Atletico signing Sandro it makes zero difference once your an established "big club". It just stinks of the same old at the moment the fact Moshiri only owns 49.9% makes me question is he just in it to make a profit from the stadium deal with Kenwright maintaining his role as chairman whilst having fan pressure off him with the club "having found an investor".

Any serious buyer buys the club outright, anything else is an investor.

I'm just jealous of the fact, they have nailed their top transfer target. By all accounts klopp was instrumental in persuading van djik to commit to Liverpool instead of city (wrongly in my opinion). Compare it to our situation, whereby koeman is off on his hols, who is personally negotiating on our behalf to try and get transfer deals over the line.

If memory serves for the last couple of years they have been pretty well organised in terms of getting deals done early. Not saying they always get it right in terms of the personnel but they are giving themselves the best chance of hitting the ground running.

Hard to get too excited just yet......

VVD was never coming here - sucks that he is going to that lot, but it is not like they poached our player.

The only players that could possibly have been deemed real possibilities that have gone elsewhere are Tielemans and Sandro - both to CL teams.

I'll get upset when players the ilk of Sigurdsson, Keane, Pickford and the like start signing for the West Ham and Stokes of the world if all we have managed until then is Martina.

@MorgsGoat July 8th seems about right....

Hard to get too excited just yet......

VVD was never coming here - sucks that he is going to that lot, but it is not like they poached our player.

The only players that could possibly have been deemed real possibilities that have gone elsewhere are Tielemans and Sandro - both to CL teams.

I'll get upset when players the ilk of Sigurdsson, Keane, Pickford and the like start signing for the West Ham and Stokes of the world if all we have managed until then is Martina.

@MorgsGoat July 8th seems about right....
Has Sandro actually been confirmed yet? I hadn't heard anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back