Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think FFP could be got around if the club was savvy enough. City have done it for years at worst it'll be a big fine and possible 1 window transfer embargo which as we've just seen with Atletico signing Sandro it makes zero difference once your an established "big club". It just stinks of the same old at the moment the fact Moshiri only owns 49.9% makes me question is he just in it to make a profit from the stadium deal with Kenwright maintaining his role as chairman whilst having fan pressure off him with the club "having found an investor".

Any serious buyer buys the club outright, anything else is an investor.

I hope they can find ways around it. Stuff like the FF sponsorship shows that he's thinking outside the box, which is hopefully a good sign. I'm happy with what he's doing with regards to the stadium and he does seem to be trying to improve the commercial side.

I don't know much about the implications of his 49.9% stake. There may be some reason why he's done that will only become apparent later on.

I don't mind him being here to make money, if he's going to do that by progressing the club, which is what he seems to want to do. It's a win, win situation.

His PR handling of player recruitment has been a mess though so far. I wouldn't mind when he came in if he said we want to compete with the elite teams but it will take time but they've given the wrong impression, unless they're going to prove us wrong this window.

Time to snatch Keane.

Keane is a poor man's Van Dijk in all honesty, my issue is City or Chelsea signing him wouldn't have bothered me as they are miles ahead but if Liverpool have a good transfer window with a manager like Klipperty they may well pull ahead of us.

At best we are going to finish 7th next season especially with the EL schedule hindering us. That's my point with fans wanting to keep Rom til his final year and lose £30-40 million off his price tag when in reality with or without Rom we are miles off the top 6 and will be even more if Utd and RS/Arsenal get their acts together in the summer.

No doubt it's very early days mate but until something big happens it's hard to look past the issues we've had with signing players up.
This is how I see it too. Squad fillers, wheeling and dealing etc etc. Its all par for the course for us. A 'big' and quality incoming signing is what changes perceptions. Need to make it happen this summer. Soon as possible into the window.

I'm just jealous of the fact, they have nailed their top transfer target. By all accounts klopp was instrumental in persuading van djik to commit to Liverpool instead of city (wrongly in my opinion). Compare it to our situation, whereby koeman is off on his hols, who is personally negotiating on our behalf to try and get transfer deals over the line.

Klopp did same with Mané. Mané said he had offers from United and Spurs, but finally choose the RS cos of Klopp. The same goes with Joel Matip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back