Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for suggesting someone who i feel is the caliber of player we should go after. Lets sign jordan rhodes instead top 4 here we come
I agree with you fella. Whether it's a realistic option or not i would bid very publically and offer some serious wages just to get it out there and show the world we're trying to buy top quality. If he turns us down for CL then fair enough but no harm in asking.

I agree with you fella. Whether it's a realistic option or not i would bid very publically and offer some serious wages just to get it out there and show the world we're trying to buy top quality. If he turns us down for CL then fair enough but no harm in asking.
So do you want us to make a statement or pose a question? lol

And no one's said get Rhodes. I'm assuming you guys want Lacazette as you've seen him play and think he'd fit the way we play, yeah? Because if not it's a pipe dream and you're setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Exactly!! If he rejects the deal fair enough but at least we made a serious cash bid and a decent contract offer. I want us going for players the uniteds, arsenals, liverpools are going after instead of players the likes of stoke and watford are after.

So do you want us to make a statement or pose a question? lol

And no one's said get Rhodes. I'm assuming you guys want Lacazette as you've seen him play and think he'd fit the way we play, yeah? Because if not it's a pipe dream and you're setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Yes I have seen him play and think he would be ideal under koeman. I am not saying we have any chance in getting him but we should try. You never know.....the other clubs intrested might get other targets and leave him open to coming to goodison.

Exactly!! If he rejects the deal fair enough but at least we made a serious cash bid and a decent contract offer. I want us going for players the uniteds, arsenals, liverpools are going after instead of players the likes of stoke and watford are after.

Who said were after players watford and stoke are? You? And if you know the player will reject the deal it's daft and makes us look silly.

Yes I have seen him play and think he would be ideal under koeman. I am not saying we have any chance in getting him but we should try. You never know.....the other clubs intrested might get other targets and leave him open to coming to goodison.

Let's bid for messi then to aye. I really really do wonder about some of our fans it's frightening tbh

People need to realise that for squad and team strengthening this summer, we will definitely be shopping in the second tier calibre of player.

Reading through this thread makes you realise how unrealistic some are.

The CL clubs will take their picks, we will be in the next level looking at what's left.

It will be younger players with something to prove or established prem players not fancied by CL clubs such as Siggurdsson.

We make enquiries for lots of players, and will table a bid for a fair few of them.

We don't here about a lot of them, but they do happen.

So he's an ideal strong and quick target man willing to run and close down... at 1.75m? Not saying he's bad - good footballer, but there's downfalls to him and he'd be either second string or a winger-type (where Valencia played basically).

I agree on that, but exactly what is the point? Literally no one will go "oh well we tried, he wasn't available/didn't want us" - the backlash the club would suffer for not being ambitions enough, not paying well enough, not having any money, sell to buy, sack the board and all the other accusations would make the start of our season be toxic, again.

People need to realise that for squad and team strengthening this summer, we will definitely be shopping in the second tier calibre of player.

Reading through this thread makes you realise how unrealistic some are.

The CL clubs will take their picks, we will be in the next level looking at what's left.

It will be younger players with something to prove or established prem players not fancied by CL clubs such as Siggurdsson.
Second tier of players is looking pretty good to me to be honest, we keep getting linked with dross way below that level. Cuco Martina and Andre Gray, for example.

Let's bid for messi then to aye. I really really do wonder about some of our fans it's frightening tbh

Yes so do i! Shouldn't we show ambition? I am not saying get messi or ronaldo or lewandowski. Lacazette is playing in the french league for a decent team. But he has this morning said he would be intrested in the prem and champions league football isn't a deciding factor. So is it not worth pursuing?

Yes so do i! Shouldn't we show ambition? I am not saying get messi or ronaldo or lewandowski. Lacazette is playing in the french league for a decent team. But he has this morning said he would be intrested in the prem and champions league football isn't a deciding factor. So is it not worth pursuing?

Of course it is, but in private.

Do it in public and you end up looking like West Ham last summer

So he's an ideal strong and quick target man willing to run and close down... at 1.75m? Not saying he's bad - good footballer, but there's downfalls to him and he'd be either second string or a winger-type (where Valencia played basically).

I agree on that, but exactly what is the point? Literally no one will go "oh well we tried, he wasn't available/didn't want us" - the backlash the club would suffer for not being ambitions enough, not paying well enough, not having any money, sell to buy, sack the board and all the other accusations would make the start of our season be toxic, again.

Thing is mate, it really wouldn't. It was never toxic when Moyes had no money to spend, it was not toxic when Kenright and Elstone came up with Enner Valencia and a sissoko bid and it certainly won't turn toxic now.

The fact is, part of the problem is us, the fans. We accept this crap year on year and nothing changes as a result. The only time the fans ever unified on an opinion we got the manager sacked. But if all we got was cast offs and 0 net spend come september and all that jazz, i promise you we as fans would accept it all. If we sold to buy again for the second straight year of being rich then we would accept it.

Sometimes the cringy protests and marches of them lot make you think that if we had a protest once in a while at the terrible transfer activity or lack of funding then perhaps something would change.

Because come september 1st, makes no odds if we sign a crap loanee as a first team signing because we as fans will still get behind them throughout the season. Trying and failing should not be good enough for any club, we as a fan base accept it year after year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back