Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes so do i! Shouldn't we show ambition? I am not saying get messi or ronaldo or lewandowski. Lacazette is playing in the french league for a decent team. But he has this morning said he would be intrested in the prem and champions league football isn't a deciding factor. So is it not worth pursuing?

I'm sure kenwright is trying as we speak don't worry mate have faith

Seems to have gone quiet with Ben Gibson, think he could be quite a smart buy. Especially seeing as Boro have just gone down and it's going to be a WC year.

Also would like to see us shopping in some of the weaker leagues for the best players, like Mane when he was at RB Salzburg, Pelle at Feyenoord etc.

Thing is mate, it really wouldn't. It was never toxic when Moyes had no money to spend, it was not toxic when Kenright and Elstone came up with Enner Valencia and a sissoko bid and it certainly won't turn toxic now.

The fact is, part of the problem is us, the fans. We accept this crap year on year and nothing changes as a result. The only time the fans ever unified on an opinion we got the manager sacked. But if all we got was cast offs and 0 net spend come september and all that jazz, i promise you we as fans would accept it all. If we sold to buy again for the second straight year of being rich then we would accept it.

Sometimes the cringy protests and marches of them lot make you think that if we had a protest once in a while at the terrible transfer activity or lack of funding then perhaps something would change.

Because come september 1st, makes no odds if we sign a crap loanee as a first team signing because we as fans will still get behind them throughout the season. Trying and failing should not be good enough for any club, we as a fan base accept it year after year.

Amen to this.

Just hope the fact now we are now being taking for fools changes this.

Talk of bids for CB's in the region of
£60 Million from our majority shareholder will not be tolerated as it's clearly a lie.

All our expectations have been risen unfairly IMO.

No way would I want us to spend 60 million on a defender when we have a striker and attacking player to buy. I'm not worried about the rs, couldn't care less

Thing is mate, it really wouldn't. It was never toxic when Moyes had no money to spend, it was not toxic when Kenright and Elstone came up with Enner Valencia and a sissoko bid and it certainly won't turn toxic now.

The fact is, part of the problem is us, the fans. We accept this crap year on year and nothing changes as a result. The only time the fans ever unified on an opinion we got the manager sacked. But if all we got was cast offs and 0 net spend come september and all that jazz, i promise you we as fans would accept it all. If we sold to buy again for the second straight year of being rich then we would accept it.

Sometimes the cringy protests and marches of them lot make you think that if we had a protest once in a while at the terrible transfer activity or lack of funding then perhaps something would change.

Because come september 1st, makes no odds if we sign a crap loanee as a first team signing because we as fans will still get behind them throughout the season. Trying and failing should not be good enough for any club, we as a fan base accept it year after year.

There's a couple of points in this bit... Moshiri has never said he was going to bankroll us a la City style or whatever, and anyone thinking that will happen should get a reality check. We also have FFP to consider, and whilst we have considerable leeway at the moment on that front, it's worth remembering there are prescribed limits to what we are allowed to spend

Also, whether anyone wants to believe it or not, we will sell Rom this summer along with a load of deadwood we don't want and potentially Barkley too if he doesn't want to sign a new contract. The effect of that will be that we actually struggle to spend enough to give us a particularly big positive net spend - the 6 clubs who finished above us, along with Bayern, Dortmund, PSG, Juve, AC Milan, Inter Milan, arguably Roma, Barca, Real Madrid, and Atletico can all more or less match us financially (maybe not quite so much with Dortmund or Roma) and are arguably a bigger draw. If we want a Koulibaly or someone of that ilk for £50m, you have to realistically hope the aforementioned clubs don't want him for us top be able to get the player. It's the reality of where we are at the moment. We have more money than we used to have, but it's not enough to blow everyone out of the water in the way that Chelsea and then Man City were able to do after their takeovers. We are simply now at the point where we can offer competitive salaries and compete on big transfer fees

We'll accept a "sell to buy" policy this summer, because Rom is off and we'll all be alright with it if we get a huge fee and can spend all of the money on good recruitments

From where I sit, this is where Walsh comes into his own. We will be unlikely to attract anyone in the £50m bracket, but if he can get us a number of gems in the £10m-£25m price range, we might be in with a shout.

There's a couple of points in this bit... Moshiri has never said he was going to bankroll us a la City style or whatever, and anyone thinking that will happen should get a reality check. We also have FFP to consider, and whilst we have considerable leeway at the moment on that front, it's worth remembering there are prescribed limits to what we are allowed to spend

Also, whether anyone wants to believe it or not, we will sell Rom this summer along with a load of deadwood we don't want and potentially Barkley too if he doesn't want to sign a new contract. The effect of that will be that we actually struggle to spend enough to give us a particularly big positive net spend - the 6 clubs who finished above us, along with Bayern, Dortmund, PSG, Juve, AC Milan, Inter Milan, arguably Roma, Barca, Real Madrid, and Atletico can all more or less match us financially (maybe not quite so much with Dortmund or Roma) and are arguably a bigger draw. If we want a Koulibaly or someone of that ilk for £50m, you have to realistically hope the aforementioned clubs don't want him for us top be able to get the player. It's the reality of where we are at the moment. We have more money than we used to have, but it's not enough to blow everyone out of the water in the way that Chelsea and then Man City were able to do after their takeovers. We are simply now at the point where we can offer competitive salaries and compete on big transfer fees

We'll accept a "sell to buy" policy this summer, because Rom is off and we'll all be alright with it if we get a huge fee and can spend all of the money on good recruitments

From where I sit, this is where Walsh comes into his own. We will be unlikely to attract anyone in the £50m bracket, but if he can get us a number of gems in the £10m-£25m price range, we might be in with a shout.

No he hasn't said I am going to create the new city but open your eyes the PR from the club has been we have money to burn. He even went on the radio himself chatting about bidding £60 Million for CB's.

Surely you can see the issue here? If not you're just burying your head.

There will be players out there somewhere.
The reason we brought in Steve Walsh was so that he could locate the players necessary to fit Koeman's system.
That does not mean household names or flavour of the month as they could surely be identified by most football enthusiasts.

The biggest thing now is to route out those who believe they are better than this club.
Moyes probably would never have gone for Lukaku, not because of his ability as a footballer but because of his humility as a man.
He has had his eye on a move out of here from the moment he signed.
The worst thing in any job is a staff member belittling his organisation as it creates rifts. Leicester won the league due to squad harmony.

No he hasn't said I am going to create the new city but open your eyes the PR from the club has been we have money to burn. He even went on the radio himself chatting about bidding £60 Million for CB's.

Surely you can see the issue here? If not you're just burying your head.

Yep, he said we bid for Koulibaly and went as far as the asking price (which Chelsea also did), before Napoli decided not to sell.

The PR has been along the lines of "things have changed, we can now compete". I've never once got the impression that we've said we are going to blow everyone out of the water with our financial muscle. Again, there are limits to what we are allowed to do on that front.

Having said that, there are no limits to what we can spend on infrastructure - we are installing new pitches at Finch Farm this summer. The most expensive pitch systems in the world (the same ones about to be installed at Anfield). "money is no object" was the phrase used when improvements at Finch Farm were being discussed. You'll either have to take my word for that or not.

I'm not sure you're really conveying what the actual issue is TBH - we will not be able to outmuscle financially any of the teams mentioned above. We might be able to match most of them (though Chelsea, Man City, United, PSG, Real Madrid and Barca would all still be able to blow us out of the water, presumably), in which case the struggle would be to convince the player in question why he should choose us over another of those sides. We might win the argument with some of them as we may be better placed to offer first team football, other than that it's a fairly hard sell. That's why we'll realistically be shopping in the tier below what those clubs are shopping in.

Amen to this.

Just hope the fact now we are now being taking for fools changes this.

Talk of bids for CB's in the region of
£60 Million from our majority shareholder will not be tolerated as it's clearly a lie.

All our expectations have been risen unfairly IMO.

You'll have to explain why Napoli's chairman confirmed the offer then. Conspiracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back